The Skeleton Pillager is a character from Pirates of the Caribbean.
The pillager was a pirate at some point during or in the fallout of the golden age of piracy. They would be part of a party of pirates that travelled to the Dead Man's Cove of Isla Tesoro either to bury or unearth a treasure. Due to infighting for the treasure, the pillager along with at-least two of their comrades were killed.
The pillager's corpse would remain impaled on a nearby rock in the caverns with a seagull making its nest on his hat. It is implied that due to the supernatural nature of the grotto, the skeleton is haunted.
The pillager appeared in the Dead Man's Cove segment of the original ride, being impaled on a rock nearby a beach. As guests pass by, a seagull perched on a nest in the pillager's hat squawks at them.
The pillager appears in Jack Sparrow's cave in this attraction, impaled against a mast rather than a rock.
The pillager is among the undead skeletons who attack the protagonist and Black Barty in this video-game with the pillager even having the seagull nest on their hat.
- In Disneyland, the pillager was originally portrayed by an authentic human-skeleton from the UCLA medical centre due to the limitations of props at the time. While the original skeletons were mostly removed, it has been put forwards that remnants of the original bones remain, including those of the pillager.
- Cut dialogue for the skeletons would have had the pillager voiced by either Paul Frees or J. Pat O'Malley.
- Unused concept art showed the pillager and the other nearby skeletons amongst a treasure dug up by the pirate queens Anne Bonny and Mary Read.
- A 2006 action-figure identified the skeleton as, "The Pillager".
- From 2011-2018, the pillager was seen alongside a mermaid's skeleton and a glass coffin from Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides as the song Jolly Sailor Bold from the film played.
- The skeleton is referenced in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl when Barbossa stabs Jack through the chest after Jack stole one of the medallions. When it is revealed that Jack is an undead skeleton, he has Barbossa's cutlass wedged in his rib-cage, mirroring the skeleton from the original ride.