Lilo and Stitch compete with Mertle in a contest to sell the most candy bars for their hula school, with the winner getting a lifetime supply of snow cones. The competition turns fierce when a fast-talking experiment that has the ability to sell anything appears and starts selling everything in plain sight, including himself through a live auction at one point. Gantu later kidnaps Slick, but gives him back to Lilo in exchange for a candy bar. Mertle wins the contest, but also gets very sick from eating too many snow cones.
- Moral: Charities and fundraisers are not about competing; they're about doing something for a good cause.
- While trying to come up with a fundraising idea, Lilo breaks the fourth wall by mentioning that she didn't get to the part where they all star in the original movie.
- In fact, when Stitch juices Nani's toaster, he recreates the very same scene from said film.
- Pleakley revealed that money is unheard of on Plorgonar, which is why nobody of his alien species wears pants.
- This notably explains why he didn't know what money was in Stitch! The Movie, when Nani gave him some to buy pizza.
- This is further supported in "Bad Stitch", where Pleakley held a lemonade stand and instead of getting money, he received 20 marbles, a coconut, a hubcap, some movie stuff, an oyster shell, and a used Tiki torch. Jumba further added that Pleakley was never really good with money.
- This is also shown in "Yapper", where Pleakley was given 28 credit cards and spent them frivolously, eventually racking up a huge debt.
- According to Jumba, Slick once sold his laboratory instead of other experiments, and another time he sold Jumba's ex-wife for the outrageous price of ten kiltacredits, when she was only worth five.
- Nani mentions her and Lilo's grandmother (now possibly deceased) when her porcelain dish was sold, even though both sisters are technically the last living members of the Pelekai family since their parents' death.
- It is revealed that Nani used to wear braces in eighth grade.
- When Mertle revealed that she sold Slick to Reuben, her description of 625 implies that she doesn't know him, even though she met him in a previous episode; however, since he was still called 625 at the time before he was officially named during the events of Leroy & Stitch, it would make sense for Mertle to not know his actual name.
- It is revealed that chocolate works like a medicine for Gantu's alien species, as he begged Lilo for a chocolate bar that would cure his cold. It is also referred to as "choculum candizite" on Gantu's home planet.
- This is one of three episodes where Gantu gets sick and is revealed to like chicken soup sandwiches, the other two being "Slushy" and "Poxy".