Lilo and Stitch compete with Mertle in a contest to sell the most candy bars for their hula school, with the winner getting a lifetime supply of snow cones. The competition turns fierce when a fast-talking experiment that has the ability to sell anything appears and starts selling everything in plain sight, including himself through a live auction at one point. Gantu later kidnaps Slick, but gives him back to Lilo in exchange for a candy bar. Mertle wins the contest, but also gets very sick from eating too many snow cones.
- Moral: Charities and fundraisers are not about competing; they're about doing something for a good cause.
- While trying to come up with a fundraising idea, Lilo breaks the fourth wall by mentioning that she didn't get to the part where they all star in the original movie.
- In fact, when Stitch juices Nani's toaster, he re-creates the very same scene from said film.
- Pleakley revealed that money is unheard of on Plorgonar, which is why nobody of his alien species wears pants.
- This notably explains why he didn't know what money was in Stitch! The Movie, when Nani gave him some to buy pizza.
- This is further supported in "Bad Stitch", where Pleakley held a lemonade stand and instead of getting money, he received 20 marbles, a coconut, a hubcap, some movie stuff, an oyster shell, and a used tiki torch. Jumba further added that Pleakley was never really good with money.
- According to Jumba, Slick once sold the former's laboratory instead of other experiments, and another time he sold Jumba's ex-wife for an outrageous price.
- Nani mentions her and Lilo's grandmother (now possibly deceased), even though both sisters are technically the last living members of the Pelekai family since their parents' death.
- It is revealed that Nani used to wear braces in eighth grade.
- When Mertle revealed that she sold Slick to Reuben, her description of 625 implies that she doesn't know him, even though she met him in a previous episode; however, since he was still called 625 at the time before he was officially named during the events of Leroy & Stitch, it would make sense for Mertle to not know his actual name.
- It is revealed that chocolate works like a medicine for Gantu's alien species, as he begged Lilo for a chocolate bar that would cure his cold.
- This is one of three episodes where Gantu gets sick and is revealed to like chicken soup sandwiches, the other two being "Slushy" and "Poxy".