"Smarter Than a Speeding Bullet" is the thirty-third episode of Darkwing Duck.
Darkwing Duck meets a superhero from another planet that goes by the name of Comet Guy who completely stinks at thwarting evil, and agrees to train him.
- William Callaway - Comet Guy
- Jim Cummings - Darkwing Duck, Eggmen
- Ellen Gerstell - Guard
- Terry McGovern - Launchpad
- Rob Paulsen - Steelbeak, F.O.W.L. High Command
- This episode marks the first appearance of Comet Guy.
- Darkwing refers to Comet Guy as a "bizarre looking alien monstrosity". This seems to indicate that Darkwing is not familiar with humans.
- The title is a pun on the phrase "Faster Than a Speeding bullet", used as part of Superman's introduction. Though the "Smarter" pun is also used when introducing Super Grover on Sesame Street.
- Darkwing does not utter the line "I am the terror that flaps in the night" in this episode.
- This is the only Darkwing Duck episode to have the sound editing done at Advantage Audio, whom would quickly go on to work on many Disney animated series, still doing so to this day.
- After Launchpad and DW bust into Steelbeak's hideout, for a brief instance DW's mask becomes flesh (or rather feather) colored as he lunges into action.
- When Comet Guy dances past the others, they're suddenly all clean after being covered in soot from the explosion. In Steelbeak's close-up, his jacket has little patches of soot again.