In the episode "Low Budget", when Kim's pants are damaged, she ends up shopping at Smarty Mart for a new pair. Smarty Mart is reviled by Kim for its low prices, "discounty" atmosphere, and unpopularity with fellow trendoids. Dr. Drakken's brainwashing shampoo was available at Smarty Mart. Additionally, Club Banana and Smarty Mart are both owned by the same corporation.
Ron is a Smarty Mart enthusiast, and shops there frequently (this was where he bought Rufus). In the episode "The Big Job", Ron takes a job working at the pet department. In "Fashion Victim", it is shown that Mr. Barkin works there as well.
- An employee stands at the door welcoming customers as they enter, while reciting the store's slogan (similar to the Walmart greeters).
- The slogan is "Smarty Mart: Where smart shoppers shop smart."
- The store's mascot appears to be a man dressed as a humongous brain with arms (ending in gloved hands), eyes with glasses, legs with pants and shoes, small mouth (which moves when the man wearing the costume speaks), and a mortarboard.
- The name and slogan share similarities to "S-Mart" from the Evil Dead movies.
- In "The Big Job" it is revealed that Martin Smarty, the owner of Smarty Mart (and by extension Club Banana) is one of the five richest people in the world, and a poker buddy of Señor Senior, Senior. Seeing as his first name is Martin, it is clear that the name of his store is a play on the words of his own name. (There may be a pop-culture reference here, since billionaire Bill Gates revealed a number of years ago in the book The Road Ahead that he and billionaire Warren Buffett are poker buddies.)
- Smarty Mart is a parody of big-name retail chains, such as Walmart, K-Mart, Price Club, and Costco.
- According to Ron and Frugal Lucre, new Smarty Mart stores keep opening every week. Apparently, there are at least 4,000 worldwide.
- The fact that Smarty Mart and Club Banana are both owned by the same company could be a possible reference to the fact that The Gap, Old Navy, and Banana Republic are all part of the same company, but have a drastic change in price range and style.
- Smarty Mart sells a whole lot of different items, which include pets, exotic pets, pet supplies, food, jet packs, tires, sailboats, shampoo, clothes, etc.
- According to Ron, Smarty-Mart was where he first met Rufus, specifically Aisle Sixteen.
- Ron also claims that Snapping Turtles are sold in Aisle Ten, next to the Gold Fish.