The Smithsonian Institute is a complex of museums in Washington, D.C.. It holds many items concerning Disney. It's also the home of the Devil's Eye in The Rescuers. The Smithsonian also made a brief appearance at the very beginning of Atlantis: The Lost Empire as Milo Thatch's workplace. In Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Steve visits an exhibit about himself at the National Museum of American History.
- Buzz Lightyear figure sent into space aboard the Space Shuttle Discovery in 2008.
- Space Station model from Man and the Moon, to provide an example of Disney's early support of the space program in the 1950s, on loan from the Disney Archives.
- A 1970s Kermit the Frog puppet and numerous other Muppets.
- A Dumbo the Flying Elephant vehicle and Mad Tea Party cup, donated in 2005 for the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland.
- The Tishman-Walt Disney Collection at the National Museum of African Art, a collection of 525 pieces of African Art that Disney purchased in the 1980s with the intention of displaying at the canceled Equatorial Africa Pavilion to have been built at Epcot's World Showcase.