After stopping Amin Damoola from stealing a diamond, Genie gets covered with guava juice, which causes him to catch a cold since he tells Aladdin that genies are allergic to guavas. Aladdin tells him that the cold isn't as bad as he thinks it is, but Genie is still concerned, since he warns Aladdin that Genie magic goes rampant when they catch colds. Sure enough, at the palace garden, Genie turns from his normal blue color to a sickly green color, and his magical cold goes out of control and puts everyone at significant risk.
Iago tells Aladdin that they have to go after the Orb of Machana to cure Genie. So the two get on Carpet and go to the Cavern of Machana. Aladdin, Iago, and Carpet first run into a giant crocodilian monster named Machana, who makes Aladdin stick out his tongue and touch his forehead (this disappoints Aladdin to a certain extent, since he believed he would have to do something along the lines of fighting a dragon). Then, they run into a giant spider version of Machana with a human head, who puts a sword in one of three baskets and shuffles them to make Aladdin pick the right one. Then, they get to a griffin version of Machana, who gives them a riddle about saving them the trouble they are going to in order to get the orb.
After Aladdin gets the answer right by saying they should have stayed home, a tiny door in the griffin opens and the true form of Machana crawls out - a tiny blue bug. He gives them the Orb and they leave, after which Machana goes into a secret room filled with orbs, and complains that he'll never be able to get rid of them all at this rate.
Back at the palace, Genie's sneezing causes more trouble as he sneezes up random objects and turns Jasmine and himself into all sorts of animals and things. One sneeze turns Jasmine's necklace into a Snake, another turns the Snake into a fire breathing serpent and a third gives the serpent a second head. As Jasmine, Genie and Abu are chased out into the palace courtyard, Abu tricks the heads into breathing fire on each other, resulting in their destruction. As Jasmine embraces Abu, Genie sadly disappears. Aladdin, Iago, and Carpet return with the Orb of Machana, but it turns out Genie left a letter that says that he went away so he won't have to cause anymore chaos with his sneezing.
The group goes out to the desert to find Genie. After they find Genie and tell him they have the orb to cure him, Genie's sneezing makes Fashoom, the Al Muddy Sultan and Mechanicles' large mechanical horn beetle appear and attack them. After a fierce battle, Aladdin throws Genie the orb and he swallows it and regains control of his magic to defeat all three of the monsters. After that, Aladdin somehow catches a cold and Genie, with control of his magic regained, doctors him.
- The title is a play on "seize the day".
- The beginning of this episode is a word-for-word reference to the scene where Aladdin steals a loaf of bread in the 1992 film.
- The challenge with the sword in the basket is also called the shell game, which is, in reality, an unwinnable trick game, since the sword or other object is invariably hidden elsewhere.
- It is unclear how Aladdin caught a cold at the end, though it is possible that he may have simply just gotten the cold from Genie, since Iago said that Genie's cold might well be very contagious.
- When Jasmine swats the snake that was her necklace off of her neck, her headband is brown instead of blue.
- When Jasmine goes to comfort Genie after swatting the snake off of her neck, her necklace reappears, then while Genie apologizes, her necklace disappears again and then it reappears when she says "It just startled me.", (the "it" being the snake).
- Aladdin's Arabian Adventures: Team Genie (VHS)