Randy and Howard are sick of being nameless freshman faces at Norrisville High, so they decide to sign up to be judges for the talent show contest hosted by Heidi Weinerman to replace Bash Johnson and Mick who decided to drop their promise to be judges and become contestants instead. Randy and Howard also decide that they should play the "Good Judge, Bad Judge" gimmick where Randy pretends to love every performance while Howard brutally criticizes each performance.
This plan backfires, however, after Howard gives harsh criticism to Juggo. The Sorcerer takes this oppurtunity to transform the distressed Juggo into a monster, which Randy has to destank. With Randy out being the ninja, Howard is left alone to berate Theresa Fowler and Accordion Dave, whose distress causes them to become stanked as well. Frustrated at all the stank, Randy goes into the NinjaNomicon and learns about the Sorcerer and his stank. Randy realizes that Howard's criticism caused all the contestants to be turned into monsters from the first places, and quickly goes to warn him about his actions after he finishes saving Theresa, Accordion Dave and Juggo for destank.
At first, Howard doesn't listen to Randy for turning students into monsters, but he soon sees what Randy is talking about when he accidentally causes Morgan's dance team, the Dancing Fish, to transform into monsters. Randy saves the dance team, but since there was only one act is Bash and his friend, Randy and Howard are forced into the talent show dressed as clowns playing accordions and twirling batons as punishment for "ruining" the talent show and students who are audition for it. Even the audience decides to disapprove of them, but Randy and Howard are satisfied when everyone now knows their names in school.
- Ben Schwartz as Randy Cunningham
- Andrew Caldwell as Howard Weinerman
- Cassie Scerbo as Heidi Weinerman
- Tim Curry as The Sorcerer
- Dee Bradley Baker as The Sorcerer's Rat, Juggo
- Dave Wittenberg as Bash Johnson
- Kari Wahlgren as Morgan
- The title of the episode is an allusion to the dance competition show So You Think You Can Dance.
- Heidi makes her first appearance, along with showing her habit of calling Randy the wrong name.
- Howard becomes similar to Simon Cowell.
- Theresa Fowler, Accordion Dave, and Juggo make their first appearances.
- However, only Juggo has his first speaking role.
- Morgan (along with the Dancing Fish) first appear in this episode.
- Bash & the Bros first played in this episode.
- Julian was on the list but wasn't seen in the episode. He'd make his early appearance in the very beginning of the episode.
- This is the first episode to have multiple people getting stanked.
- Also, Theresa is the first female student who is stanked by the Sorcerer.
- The suit may protect Randy from stank as it swirls around him but doesn't stank him.
- For some unknown reason there is a garage door and gymnasium door on the end of a school hallway.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of the Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja Wiki is available under the CC-by-SA Free Documentation License.|