The King of Beasts makes the mistake of allowing himself to be captured in order to experience civilization. The lion is trapped by the safari and brought to New York, where he's accidentally set free, but nobody is intimidated by him.
- Stan Freberg - Lion (speaking)
- Paul Frees - Lions Club President, Drunk, Clothes Salesman
- Jimmy MacDonald - Lion (roaring)
- Alan Mowbray - Narrator
Home video releases
- Walt Disney Treasures: Disney Rarities
- The lion in this cartoon bears a noticeable resemblance to Lambert Lion to the point that some of his animation is recycled from Lambert's.
- The cartoon originally had a red sunburst "The End" title (as seen on Erik's video of the original RKO titles on YouTube), but on the existing Buena Vista reissue title which kept the original opening titles (except the RKO logo is plastered out by the Buena Vista logo), the ending title was changed to the 1959 version (as seen on many Buena Vista reissue prints of classic Disney cartoons and in How to Have an Accident at Work) for unknown reasons.