"Sock Burglar" is the fifty-second episode of Mickey Mouse.
Minnie finds out that a mysterious thief has been stealing everyone’s socks in the neighborhood, including one of Mickey’s socks. In an act of solidarity, she finds lots of new socks to solve the problem, but the enigmatic villain steals all of them too.
Unconformed, Minnie starts an investigation herself to identify and capture the criminal. To carry out the plan, she brings some Disney characters with criminal record, such as the Beagle Boys and others, to an interrogation. Even Goofy isn’t spared of that. But she doesn’t get any proof of who the culprit is.
Bravely, the heroine sets a trap with wool balls to catch the bad guy, and finally finds out that he’s actually Pete, who is very upset, since he only has one leg and can’t use a pair of socks, so he thought that no one should have this right.
Minnie sews a special sock for his wooden foot, much to his delight. However, after receiving this gift, Pete decides to go rob some banks. Minnie feels a bit guilty for that.
- Minnie Mouse
- Mickey Mouse
- Beagle Boys (cameo)
- Big Bad Wolf (cameo)
- Phantom Blot (cameo)
- The Evil Queen (cameo)
- Chris Diamantopoulos - Mickey Mouse
- Russi Taylor - Minnie Mouse
- Bill Farmer - Goofy
- Jim Cummings - Pete
- Paul Rudish
- This is the fourth Minnie Mouse-themed episode (the first being "Eau de Minnie", the second being "Clogged", and the third being "Doggone Biscuits") with the title card saying "Minnie Mouse" instead of the usual "Mickey Mouse".
- A silhouette of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit can be seen under the Obituaries section of the newspaper Minnie reads.
- The newspaper that Minnie reads is a reference to the Daily Bugle, a newspaper which appears in the Marvel universe.