When Gus sneaks Luz into Hexside School to present at the Human Appreciation Society, Luz sees a side of the school she didn't expect.
New member of the Human Appreciation Society, Mattholomule, challenges for Gus' position as president when he turns the society against him with his accusations about Gus' human treasures being fraud. He turns to Luz for help, only to be reminded that she is banned from Hexside. Luz is pretty bummed by the the fact she cannot attend Hexside. Desperate to save his role as president, Gus lies to Luz that the ban has been lifted, which makes her happy.
They next day, Gus brings Luz into school disguised as a student. Things become very complicated for Gus, especially when the school now has guards the sniff out troublemakers. He does everything he can to keep Luz from getting caught or finding out that he lied about the ban being lifted. Meanwhile, Eda has been thinking over Luz's desire to attend magic school. She reluctantly decides to pay Principal Bump a visit and asks to have Luz enroll at Hexside. Principal Bump surprisingly accepts, as he believes the school could learn a lot with having a human exchange student. However, before he can consider it, Eda has to answer for all the trouble she caused back when she was a student. She is forced to wash off the enchanted graffiti, get rid of all the ghosts in the girls' locker room, apologize to Miss Jenkinmeyer for stealing her teeth, and much more.
Meanwhile, while presenting Luz to the Human Appreciation Society, Mattholomule snitches on her and Gus. The guards find Luz to detention. Gus gets back at Mattholomule, by deliberately getting them both into detention in order to save Luz. Detention happens to be a room were bad students are encased in bubbles and brainwashed to be good students. Gus confesses to Luz that he lied to her about the ban being lifted and apologizes for letting his desire to stay as president get the better of him. Luz forgives him, and together they rescue Mattholomule and escape from detention just as Principal Bump agrees with Eda to have Luz attend Hexside.
Noticing all damage and chaos caused, Principal Bump changes his mind after blaming Luz for all the mayhem. However, Gus defends her innocence when he confesses and takes full responsibility everything. This convinces Principal Bump who takes back what he said and announces to Luz that she will officially enroll at Hexside school next semester. As for Gus, he is removed from the Human Appreciation Society since detention is out of order.
- Sarah-Nicole Robles as Luz Noceda
- Wendie Malick as Eda Clawthorne
- Alex Hirsch as King, Hooty
- Issac Brown as Gus
- Tati Gabrielle as Willow
- Bumper Robinson as Principal Bump
- Jorge Diaz as Mattholomule
- Luz gets accepted into Hexside Academy of Magic and Demonics.
- Gus is revealed to have been moved up a couple of grades. Hence why he is younger than Willow and Luz.
- Gus gets kicked out of the Human Appreciation Society, and Mattholomule takes his place.
- It is revealed that Eda used to have orange hair when she was a student at Hexside, as well as part of the Potions track.
- Eda's surname is also revealed to be Clawthorne.
- Eda's disciplinary write-ups at Hexside include the following:
- Incident #5523: At 1300 hours, Edalyn Clawthorne of the Potions Track let loose a pack of feral ghosts in the girls locker room. They flew around in circles predicting students' doom and shouting out horrible puns like "What's a ghost's favorite pie--BOO-BERRY!!" We called in a rag-tag team of "ghost blasters" to clean them out but they accidentally opened a door to the ghost dimension which threatened to overtake the city.
- Incident #3421: At 1200 hours, Edalyn Clawthorne raised an army of abominations to start a food fight after her sister Lilith's lunch money was stolen. The abominations then gained sentience and revolted against Edalyn, forming into one giant abomination and taking over the school. Edalyn, Lilith and the thief had to form an unlikely alliance to stop the giant abomination from destroying Hexside.
- Incident #9677: At 0900 hours, Edalyn Clawthorne hexed the school bells to sing famous pop song, "SINCE U BEEN CONNED". It lasted for 5 hours and could only be stopped by pitting the school bells against each other in a fight over who's the better boy band: "Babies to Boys" or "Two Seconds to New York." It was a horrible day but no one was allowed to go home early.
- Incident #2601: At 1400 hours, Edalyn Clawthorne was at it again. This time she found two giant bug-things that really just tore up the place. Oh, man, I'm getting so tired of writing these things. And now I'm just writing down what I'm thinking. Oh I hope no one actually reads these. I should take a day off. It's been years since my overlords let me take a day off.
- Incident #7662: At 1100 hours, Edalyn Clawthorne let the school Griffin out from its pen and fed it spicy snacks until it vomited all over the Grudgby field. Instead of cleaning it up, I ate a donut. My friends are always telling me I should practice self-care more often, and you know what? Why not! I deserve it!