|| "Even miracles take a little time."
This article features media from Walt Disney Company or its subsidiaries that has yet to be released.
To prevent speculation, please add reliable sources to the unreleased media. Any information that is not backed up by citations may be removed.
Thank you and have a magical day!
- “Ever wonder where your passion, your dreams and your interests come from? What is it that makes you… YOU?”
Soul is an upcoming American 3D computer animated science-fiction fantasy adventure film produced by Pixar set to be released on June 19, 2020. The film will be directed by Pete Docter, co-directed by Kemp Powers, and produced by Dana Murray.
Joe Gardner is a middle school teacher with a love for jazz music. After a successful gig at the Half Note Club, he suddenly gets into an accident that separates his soul from his body and is transported to the You Seminar, a center in which souls develop and gain passions before being transported to a newborn child. Joe must enlist help from the other souls-in-training, like 22, a soul who has spent eons in the You Seminar, in order to get back to Earth.
According to Disney Television Animation News' Twitter, #Soul envisions a world where souls are trained prior to becoming part of babies - which is why they immediately have personalities from birth. The story centers on a music teacher named Joe, who dreams at playing at a prestigious jazz club, and finally gets his chance.
- Jamie Foxx as Joe Gardener
- Tina Fey as 22
- Questlove as Curly
- Phylicia Rashad as Joe's Mother
- Daveed Diggs as Paul
- John Ratzenberger as TBA
- This will be the first Pixar film to have an African-American as the leadIng character.
- This will be the third time that Pixar releases a second film in the same year, after 2015's Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur and 2017's Cars 3 and Coco.
- This will be the second Pixar film to be released on June 19, after Inside Out.
- Coincidentally, both films were directed by Pete Docter, who is also producing this film following John Lasseter's departure.
- This will be the first film to have Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross compose music for a Pixar film while this will be the second film to be a musical with Jon Batiste providing the songs, the first being Coco.
- This is the first Pixar film that Peter Docter directed where Michael Giacchino doesn't do the score since 2001's Monsters, Inc., which was done by Randy Newman.
- Tina Fey collaborated with Amy Poehler, who voiced Joy in Inside Out, which was also directed by Docter.
- ↑ https://deadline.com/2019/06/soul-pixar-summer-2020-release-date-1202634880/
- ↑ https://www.thewrap.com/soul-jamie-foxx-and-tina-fey-star-in-pixars-most-existential-adventure-yet/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/DisneyTVANews/status/1165328868531724288
- ↑ https://twitter.com/DisneyStudios/status/1165330766642864129?s=20