- “My girlfriend’s daughter got me pulling my hair out.”
Specter tries to be intimidating to get answers out of Bronco (who was actually a magical disguise concealing Ian and Barley) but after realizing that he was stressed out, she figures that he must be stressed over his issues with trying to bond with Laurel's sons, Ian and Barley. Specter sympathizes with this by claiming she's going through the same thing with her girlfriend's daughter.
She's observant after seeing "Colt's" hoofprints in the dirt become shoeprints and contacted her police station to confirm Colt's whereabouts.
Specter is the tallest out of all the three cops, she's purple-colored and has a large nose, an eye and a horn.
Role in the film
Specter and Gore are first seen where they catch Ian and Barley Lightfoot for speeding while on their way to get to Raven's Point to find the Phoenix Gem. In order to avoid getting caught, Ian and Barley disguise themselves as Colt Bronco using a Disguise Spell in order to avoid getting arrested to which they successfully evade them when Ian starts freaking out and getting nervous she lets them go and turns left then right for some weird reason. She, Gore, and Colt are later seen during the climax of the film where they chase Ian and Barley again while Barley sacrifices his van Guinevere in order to avoid getting caught.
Specter's further fate is unknown after magic is brought back to New Mushroomton once again after Ian finishes restoring the full body of his late father before he fades away, though she is seen arriving at the scene of Barley trespassing on the to-be-demolished fountain, in search for the phoenix gem.
- Because of her sexual orientation, the movie was banned in several Islamic countries (Islam forbids homosexuality) and was censored in Russia, Nauru and Poland.
- In the Russian dub handled by Disney Character Voices International, the line "My girlfriend’s daughter got me pulling my hair out" was changed to "My partner’s daughter got me pulling my hair out", though with no gender-specific pronouns. Additionally, the Arabic dub changed the aforementioned line to "My sister’s daughter got me pulling my hair out".
- She is Pixar's first LGBT character. The second is Greg from Out.
- Disney now has LGBT characters in all of their major branches (the Disney Animated Canon has Bucky and Pronk, Star Wars has Moff Mors and Aphra, and the Marvel Cinematic Universe has Valkyrie and Loki).
- Her name is an English synonym for ghosts.
- Specter's voice actress, Lena Waithe, is openly lesbian in real life.
- Waithe improvised Specter's mentioning of her girlfriend.