Our friendly neighborhood Super Hero decides to join his best friends Ned, MJ, and the rest of the gang on a European vacation. However, Peter's plan to leave super heroics behind for a few weeks are quickly scrapped when he begrudgingly agrees to help Nick Fury uncover the mystery of several elemental creature attacks, creating havoc across the continent!
- Tom Holland as Peter Parker / Spider-Man
- Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury
- Zendaya as Michelle "MJ" Jones
- Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill
- Jon Favreau as Harold "Happy" Hogan
- J. B. Smoove as Julius Dell
- Jacob Batalon as Ned Leeds
- Martin Starr as Roger Harrington
- Marisa Tomei as May Parker
- Jake Gyllenhaal as Quentin Beck / Mysterio
- Tony Revolori as Flash Thompson
- Angourie Rice as Betty Brant
- Remy Hii as Brad Davis
- Numan Acar as Dimitri Smerdyakov
- Jorge Lendeborg Jr. as Jason Ionello
- Toni Garrn as Seamstress
- Peter Billingsley as William Ginter Riva
- Dawn Michelle King as E.D.I.T.H.
- Ben Mendelsohn as Talos
- Sharon Blynn as Soren
- J. K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson
Spider-Man 2 was first announced and confirmed in December 2016 and will be produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Sony Pictures Entertainment with Tom Holland reprising his role as Spider-Man from Captain America: Civil War, Spider-Man: Homecoming and Avengers: Infinity War as part of the deal made by Marvel and Sony that Spider-Man will be having 3 solo movies and 3 movies with Spider-Man. The movie will be a part of Phase Three and will happen just after Avengers: Endgame, confirmed to release July 5, 2019.
On review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 90% based on 376 reviews, with an average rating of 7.43/10. The website's critical consensus reads, "A breezily unpredictable blend of teen romance and superhero action, Spider-Man: Far from Home stylishly sets the stage for the next era of the MCU."
- This is the first MCU film not to feature Stan Lee, due to his death on November 12, 2018.
- J.K. Simmons had previously played the role of J. Jonah Jameson in the Sam Raimi Spider-Man trilogy.
- Children and teenagers who were victims of the Snap were forced to retake the whole school year they were in when they were erased. This was more annoying to the teens, who had taken their midterms by the time of the Snap.
- This is the highest-grossing Spider-Man film ever made worldwide, surpassing Spider-Man 3.
- This is the highest-grossing film distributed by Columbia worldwide, surpassing Skyfall.
- This is the first Spider-Man film to gross $1 billion worldwide, as well as Sony's highest-grossing film ever.