|| "Even miracles take a little time."
To prevent speculation, please add reliable sources to the unreleased media. Any information that is not backed up by citations may be removed.
Thank you and have a magical day!
Spider-Man: No Way Home is the upcoming sequel to the Marvel Cinematic Universe film Spider-Man: Far From Home. It was already confirmed in June 2017, before the release of Spider-Man: Homecoming. The third film is slated for December 17, 2021. It's the fourth movie in Phase Four of the MCU.
Following the events of the previous film in which his identity was exposed at the hands of Mysterio, Peter Parker's life and his reputation is turned upside down. Seeking help from Doctor Strange to try and fix everything, things soon become much more dangerous and Parker must find what it really means to be Spider-Man.
- Tom Holland as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
- Zendaya as Michelle Jones
- Jacob Batalon as Ned Leeds
- Tony Revolori as Flash Thompson
- Marisa Tomei as Aunt May
- Jamie Foxx as Max Dillon/Electro
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Stephen Strange
- Alfred Molina as Otto Octavius/Doctor Octopus
- Willem Dafoe as Norman Osborn/Green Goblin
- Thomas Haden Church as Flint Marko/Sandman
- TBA as Curtis Connors/Lizard
- Martin Starr as Roger Harrington
- Hannibal Burress as Coach Wilson
- Arian Moayed as Detective
- Harry Holland as Drug Dealer
- Angourie Rice as Betty Brant
- Jon Favreau as Happy Hogan
- J.B. Smoove as Julius Dell
- Benedict Wong as Wong
- Paula Newsome
- J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson
On December 30th, 2019, it was revealed that filming was expected to begin in summer 2020. However, due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, the film's production was delayed along with many other productions. Production was due to start in Fall of 2020 and end around February 2021. Production started on October 16, 2020.
Tom landed in Atlanta on October 26 and received the script for the movie. and Zendaya arrived the following morning, ready to start filming. Jacob Batalon shared the first behind the scenes image as Ned Leeds, that he had already started filming, on October 29, 2020. Tom Holland shared a behind the scenes as Spider-Man on November 6, 2020.
Tom Holland and Zendaya were spotted filming a scene together on November 17, 2020. Marisa Tomei, who plays Aunt May, reportedly had arrived in Atlanta for the movie, on January 18, 2021. Harry Holland was shown on set with his brother Tom in January 2021. Filming continued at Pinewood Studios from February to late March 2021. In February 2021, Tom Holland's brother Harry was seen on set, which later revealed his role in the film. It was later revealed Harry would portray a drug dealer, and Tom said they had about a month left of filming.
Tom Holland confirmed that filming wrapped on March 26, 2021.
The official teaser trailer for the film was released on August 23, 2021.
- The events of this film will be tied directly into Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, much like the Disney+ series Loki and WandaVision.
- It was originally due to come out in July 2021, but was then pushed back to November because of COVID-19, and it was then pushed back again by a month to December 17, 2021.
- Jamie Foxx, who played Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, and Willem Dafoe and Alfred Molina, who played Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus in the Sam Raimi Spider-Man films, will reprise their roles in this film. This is the second time a non-Disney character from the original trilogy appeared in the MCU, following J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson from the Sam Rami trilogy. It's also the third time an actor who played a Marvel role in a non-MCU production reprises his role in the MCU, the first being Lou Ferrigno voicing Hulk in The Incredible Hulk, The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- When Tom Holland and Zendaya were filming a scene, she was seen wearing the same outfit MJ wore in the post-credit scene of Spider-Man: Far From Home, meaning that the third movie (or at least a part of it) takes place straight after the events where Peter's identity was exposed.
- MJ will join Peter while he is on the run and a family member of Ned Leeds might appear in the film.
- Paparazzi will appear.
- On December 15, 2020, it was reported that J.K. Simmons would return as J. Jonah Jameson and would have a larger role.
- This movie will be set in Peter's senior year of high school.
- According to Tom Holland, the film will be "something very different and special" as well as "bigger and better" than other installments.
- Tom Holland's brother Harry Holland has a cameo appearance, playing the role as a Drug Dealer.
- Part of the movie will be set during the Christmas period. This makes it the first Spider-Man film to be set during the Christmastime, and the third MCU installment to be set during this time of year as well, after Iron Man 3 and Hawkeye. Ironically, both Iron Man 3 and this film are are the third film in their respective trilogies.
- MJ, Peter's girlfriend, will apparently have a job in a bakery.
- MJ is seen wearing the Black Delia necklace Peter brought her in Spider-Man: Far From Home.
- The Iron Spider suit from Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame will return.
- Tom Holland describes the film as the "most ambitious" Spider-Man film ever made.
- It is very unlikely that previous Spider-Man stars - such as Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield and Kirsten Dunst - will return like fans thought, according to Tom Holland.
- Although it was rumored that Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire were going to appear, Tom Holland revealed that it is not true.
- Peter will have slightly shorter hair in some scenes due to Tom Holland filming Uncharted not long before production for Spider-Man 3 began. The costume department wanted him to wear a wig for those few scenes, but Holland refused.
- Tom Holland, Jacob Batalon and Zendaya shared three different fake titles for the film, before director Jon Watts revealed the real title.
- Flash Thompson will have blond hair in the film, much like he does in most previous versions and unlike Homecoming and Far From Home.
- This is the first MCU film to have a December release.
- Tom Holland described the film as the most difficult Spider-Man film they have ever made.
- This is Holland's favorite film out of the trilogy.
- Harry Holland didn't have to audition for his role, as it was an idea by Tom and Jon Watts to include him.
- It was officially confirmed in April 2021, that Jon Favreau would return.
- This film picks up Doc Ock's story from "the moment in the river" from Spider-Man 2.
- The film takes place directly after Spider-Man: Far From Home.
- Peter will have at least two new suits in the movie, as revealed by merchandise. These will be a black-and-gold suit and a new suit with gold highlights based on the Iron Spider armor. Furthermore, the red-and-black suit from Far From Home and the Iron Spider suit from Infinity War and Endgame will return in some capacity.
- MJ's mother might make an appearance.
- On August 22nd a trailer was leaked on social media but was quickly taken down. It was officially released online a few hours later.
- The first trailer received 355.5M global views in its first 24 hours, making it the most watched trailer in a 24-hour time span, surpassing the previous record-holder Avengers: Endgame, which had 289M views within 24 hours.
- Tom Holland and Zendaya started dating during the filming of this movie.
- The Eye of Agamotto appears despite being destroyed in Avengers: Endgame.
- Peter worrying about MJ forgetting their relationship after the spell, references the comics when Spider-Man asks Doctor Strange to make everyone forget his identity (same as in this movie) and it causes Mary Jane to forget she is married to Peter.
- "Spider-Man: Homecoming is the beginning of a trilogy". Polygon.com (June 14, 2017).
- "Sony Delays Spider-Man 3 to Late 2021". Comicbook.com (April 25, 2020).
- 'Spider-Man 3' Jolt: Jamie Foxx Returning as Electro (Exclusive)
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins ‘Spider-Man 3’ as Doctor Strange (Exclusive)
- 'Spider-Man 3': Alfred Molina Returning as Doctor Octopus
- 'Spider-Man: No Way Home' Trailer Leaks on Social Media, Is Rapidly Taken Down
- SPIDER-MAN 3 WILLEM DAFOE AND THOMAS HADEN CHURCH NEGOTIATING A RETURN IN MIND-BLOWING SEQUEL: EXCLUSIVE
- 'The Sneider Cut' Ep. 85: Kraven the Hunter, Willy Wonka, Mike Tyson, and a review of 'Cruella'
- SPIDER-MAN 3: HANNIBAL BURESS AND MARTIN STARR PRIMED FOR RETURN; 2 NEW ROLES REVEALED: EXCLUSIVE
- SPIDER-MAN 3: HANNIBAL BURESS AND MARTIN STARR PRIMED FOR RETURN; 2 NEW ROLES REVEALED: EXCLUSIVE
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Succession' Actor Arian Moayed Cast in 'Spider-Man 3'
- MCU Direct Confirms Harry Holland's Role
- Angourie Rice Returns in Spider-Man: No Way Home
- Jon Favreau is Set to Return as Happy Hogan in Spider-Man: No Way Home
- Spider-Man's JB Smoove Confirms He's in No Way Home
- 'Barry' Actress Paula Newsome Confirmed For Role In ‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’
- "Schedule Problem Knocks Travis Knight From Helming Sony’s ‘Uncharted’ With Tom Holland & Mark Wahlberg". Deadline.com (December 30th, 2019).
- "'Spider-Man 3' Jolt: Jamie Foxx Returning as Electro (Exclusive)". Hollywood Reporter (October 1, 2020).
- 3 Begins Filming in New York
- Spiderman 3 Updates Share Tom Holland's Instagram Story
- Zendaya Has Arrived in Atlanta for Spider-Man 3
- Spiderman 3 Updates Share Jacob Batalon's Instagram Story
- Tom Holland's First Day on Spider-Man 3 - November 6, 2020
- MCU Direct Shares a Spider-Man 3 Scene with Tom Holland and Zendya - November 17, 2020
- Marisa Tomei Arrives in Atlanta for Spider-Man 3 - January 18, 2021
- Tom Holland's Instagram Post - February 1, 2021
- Spider-Man 3 News on Twitter - February 3, 2021
- Tom Holland Confirms 'SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME' Production Wraps Today - March 26, 2021
- "All the Disney Investor Day Announcements in One Big Post". Vulture (December 11, 2020).
- "Disney+’s Loki Series Is Directly Linked to Marvel’s Doctor Strange Sequel". CBR (November 8, 2019).
- "'Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness' Will Tie Into 'WandaVision'". Inverse (July 20, 2019).
- MCU Direct Shares a Photo of Tom Holland and Zendaya Filming a Scene, on November 17, 2020
- Spideyupdated Give Possible Family Update on Ned Leeds
- Tom Holland's Spider-Man 3 Adds Paparazzi to the Cast
- J.K Simmons is to Return as J Jonah Jamerson
- Expo Comics on Twitter
- Tom Holland's Brother, Harry, Appears to Have a Cameo Role in Spider-Man 3
- Tom Holland Treks Through the Snowfall as he Films Spider-Man 3 with Zendaya in Atlanta
- Tom Holland Treks Through the Snowfall as He Films Spider-Man 3 with Zendaya in Atlanta
- New Spider-Man 3 Set Photos Tease The Return Of The Iron Spider Suit
- Fandango on Twitter
- Tom Holland Talks Getting an Itch for Directing and ‘Spider-Man 3’ Is ‘Most Ambitious Superhero Film of All Time’
- The Charm (and Grit) of Tom Holland
- Tom Holland on Instagram - February 23, 2021
- Jacob Batalon on Instagram - February 23, 2021
- Spider-Man: No Way Home Updates on Twitter - March 6, 2021
- Tom Holland on ‘Cherry’, ‘Spider-Man’, Wanting to cameo on ‘Euphoria’ with Jacob Batalon, and More
- Alfred Molina Details Doc Ock’s Return in ‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’: ‘The Tentacles Do All the Work’ (EXCLUSIVE)
- Spideyupdated on Twitter - April 25, 2021
- Spider-Man 3 Actress Paula Newsome Teases MCU Role In No Way Home