Marvel's Spider-Man is a 2017 animated series that aired on Disney XD and produced by Marvel Animation. It focuses on the superhero Spider-Man from Marvel Comics. The series replaces the previous animated Spider-Man series, Ultimate Spider-Man, and premiered on August 19, 2017.
The series focuses on an insecure yet courageous teenager Peter Parker as he learns that with great power comes great responsibility — especially when you get the strange abilities of a spider.
Cort Lane, senior vice president of Marvel Animation and Family Entertainment, added "The simple title reflects a back-to-basics approach," adding that "it's just filled with heart and humor."
"Spider-Man is the biggest action hero in the world. He is an iconic character whose duality makes him both relatable and aspirational for the Disney XD audience," stated Marc Buhaj, senior vice president, programming, and general manager for Disney XD. He promised a "fresh take on a beloved classic that will engage both new and existing Spidey fans with its compelling drama, exciting action and the signature sense of comedy."
- Robbie Daymond as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
- Josh Keaton as Norman Osborn/Green Goblin, John Jameson/Man-Wolf, and Ollie Osnick/Steel Spider
- Benjamin Diskin as Spencer Smythe, Flash Thompson, and the Symbiote
- Max Mittelman as Harry Osborn
- Nancy Linari as Aunt May
- Patton Oswalt as Ben Parker and Dmitri Smerdyakov Kravinoff/Chameleon
- Fred Tatasciore as Max Modell, Hulk, Brock Rumlow/Crossbones, and Abner Jenkins/Beetle
- Nadji Jeter as Miles Morales/Spider-Kid
- Melanie Minichino as Anya Corazon/Spider-Girl
- Laura Bailey as Gwen Stacy/Spider-Gwen, Galina Nemirovsky/Crimson Dynamo, and Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow
- Scott Menville as Otto Octavius/Doctor Octopus
- John DiMaggio as Raymond Warren/The Jackal
- Alastair Duncan as Adrian Toomes/The Vulture
- Joe Quesada as Joe
- Jason Spisak as Alistair Smythe and Mac Gargan/Scorpion
- Cameron Boyce as Herman Schultz/Shocker
- Mick Wingert as Tony Stark/Iron Man
- Kevin Shinick as Bruce Banner
- Matthew Mercer as Aleksei Sytsevich/Rhino
- Zeno Robinson as Randy Robertson
- Natalie Lander as Liz Allan/Screwball
- Grey DeLisle as Felicia Hardy/Black Cat
- Yuri Lowenthal as Clayton Cole/Clash and Curt Connors/The Lizard
- Travis Willingham as Flint Marko/Sandman
- Sofia Carson as Keemia Marko/Sandgirl
- Jim Cummings as Ghost and Hammerhead
- Troy Baker as Sergei Kravinoff/Kraven the Hunter
- Trevor Devall as Randall "Randy" Macklin/Blizzard
- Gregg Berger as Carl Creel/Absorbing Man
- Ernie Hudson as Joseph "Robbie" Robertson
- Alex Désert as Jefferson Davis
- Mark Hamill as Arnim Zola
- Bob Joles as J. Jonah Jameson
- Aaron Abrams as Phineas Mason/Tinkerer
- Kathreen Khavari as Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel
- Ben Pronsky as Eddie Brock/Venom
- Crispin Freeman as Quentin Beck/Mysterio
- Booboo Stewart as Jack O'Lantern
- Nathaniel Potvin as Hobie Brown/Prowler
- Daisy Lightfoot as Electro
On October 8, 2016, Produced by Marvel Animation, the series’ award-winning creative team includes executive producers Alan Fine, Dan Buckley, Joe Quesada, and Jeph Loeb; co-executive producers Stan Lee, Eric Radomski, Cort Lane, and Stephen Wacker; supervising producers Kevin Shinick and Marsha Griffin; consulting producers Dan Slott, Kevin Burke, and Chris “Doc” Wyatt; Animation Patrick Brown; ADR and Casting Voice Directors Collete Sunderman and Kris Zimmerman; and supervising director Philip Pignotti.
Amy Ratcliffe of IGN gave the first season's premiere a score of 7.4 out of 10, writing that the series "strikes a solid balance between the familiar and the new, emphasizing qualities and hallmarks Spider-Man is known for while skipping over well-trod territory like showing the origin story." She commented, Marvel's Spider-Man "has enough of a different approach to make it stand apart from other animated takes on the character," such as Doctor Octopus and other notable characters having a change in appearance.
- ↑ Reyna, Leo (December 18, 2016). "SPIDER-MAN 2017 CARTOON WILL FEATURE VENOM, SPIDER-GWEN, AND MILES MORALES". NerdSpan.
- ↑ "Marvel's Venom: Season 1 Premiere "Horizon High" Review", IGN (16 August 2017). Retrieved on 2 September 2017.