Marvel's Spider-Man is a 2017 animated series that aired on Disney XD and produced by Marvel Animation. It focuses on the superhero Spider-Man from Marvel Comics. The series replaces the previous animated Spider-Man series, Ultimate Spider-Man, and premiered on August 19, 2017.
The series focuses on an insecure yet courageous teenager Peter Parker as he learns that with great power comes great responsibility — especially when you get the strange abilities of a spider.
Cort Lane, senior vice president of Marvel Animation and Family Entertainment, added "The simple title reflects a back-to-basics approach," adding that "it's just filled with heart and humor."
"Spider-Man is the biggest action hero in the world. He is an iconic character whose duality makes him both relatable and aspirational for the Disney XD audience," stated Marc Buhaj, senior vice president, programming and general manager for Disney XD. He promised a "fresh take on a beloved classic that will engage both new and existing Spidey fans with its compelling drama, exciting action and the signature sense of comedy."
The second season finds Peter Parker in his “sophomore year,” as he’s no longer an inexperienced new superhero nor a brand new student, at the intimidating Horizon High. However, his foes are also no longer inexperienced and his ever-growing Rogue’s Gallery is focused on taking Spider-Man down. Picking up where season one left off, the stakes are much higher in Peter’s personal life and Spider-Man’s Super Hero life. He also must learn how to balance working at “The Daily Bugle” to afford tuition at the prestigious Horizon High while surviving Doc Ock’s series of obstacles in an attempt to get rid of Spider-Man once and for all. The action-packed season will continue to touch on Spidey’s relatable themes, including friendship, loyalty and heroism while staying true to its signature sense of comedy.
Season 3: Maximum Venom
The web-slinging series follows Peter Parker, who is learning to navigate life as the teenage superhero Spider-Man. Now going into his third year at Horizon High, Peter is confident he can handle anything that comes his way, but he’s pushed to his breaking point when Venom summons an earth-shattering threat from its home planet.
- Robbie Daymond as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
- Josh Keaton as Norman Osborn/Green Goblin, John Jameson/Man-Wolf, and Ollie Osnick/Steel Spider
- Benjamin Diskin as Spencer Smythe, Flash Thompson, and the Symbiote
- Max Mittelman as Harry Osborn
- Nancy Linari as Aunt May
- Patton Oswalt as Ben Parker and Dmitri Smerdyakov Kravinoff/Chameleon
- Fred Tatasciore as Max Modell, Hulk, Brock Rumlow/Crossbones, and Abner Jenkins/Beetle
- Nadji Jeter as Miles Morales/Spider-Kid
- Melanie Minichino as Anya Corazon/Spider-Girl
- Laura Bailey as Gwen Stacy/Spider-Gwen, Galina Nemirovsky/Crimson Dynamo, and Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow
- Scott Menville as Otto Octavius/Doctor Octopus/Superior Spider-Man
- John DiMaggio as Raymond Warren/The Jackal
- Alastair Duncan as Adrian Toomes/The Vulture
- Joe Quesada as Joe
- Jason Spisak as Alistair Smythe and Mac Gargan/Scorpion
- Cameron Boyce as Herman Schultz/Shocker
- Mick Wingert as Tony Stark/Iron Man
- Kevin Shinick as Bruce Banner
- Matthew Mercer as Aleksei Sytsevich/Rhino
- Sumalee Montano as Yuri Watanabe
- Zeno Robinson as Randy Robertson
- Natalie Lander as Liz Allan/Screwball
- Grey DeLisle as Felicia Hardy/Black Cat
- Yuri Lowenthal as Clayton Cole/Clash and Curt Connors/The Lizard
- Travis Willingham as Flint Marko/Sandman
- Sofia Carson as Keemia Marko/Sandgirl
- Jim Cummings as Ghost and Hammerhead
- Troy Baker as Sergei Kravinoff/Kraven the Hunter
- Trevor Devall as Randall "Randy" Macklin/Blizzard
- Gregg Berger as Carl Creel/Absorbing Man
- Ernie Hudson as Joseph "Robbie" Robertson
- Alex Désert as Jefferson Davis
- Mark Hamill as Arnim Zola
- Bob Joles as J. Jonah Jameson
- Roger Craig Smith as Steve Rogers/Captain America
- Aaron Abrams as Phineas Mason/Tinkerer
- Kathreen Khavari as Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel
- Ben Pronsky as Eddie Brock/Venom
- Crispin Freeman as Quentin Beck/Mysterio and Dr. Jonathan Ohnn/The Spot
- Booboo Stewart as Jack O'Lantern
- Nathaniel Potvin as Hobie Brown/Prowler
- Daisy Lightfoot as Electro
- April Stewart as Silver Sablinova/Silver Sable
- Nolan North as Silvio Manfredi/Silvermane
- Charlie Adler as M.O.D.O.K.
- Olivia Holt as Tandy Bowen/Dagger
- Aubrey Joseph as Tyrone Johnson/Cloak
- Katrina Kemp as Anna Maria Marconi
- Imari Williams as Augustus Roman/The Regent and Mark Raxton/Molten Man
- Eric Bauza as Martin Li/Mister Negative
- Phil LaMarr as Jalome Beacher/Slyde
On October 8, 2016, Produced by Marvel Animation, the series’ award-winning creative team includes executive producers Alan Fine, Dan Buckley, Joe Quesada, and Jeph Loeb; co-executive producers Stan Lee, Eric Radomski, Cort Lane, and Stephen Wacker; supervising producers Kevin Shinick and Marsha Griffin; consulting producers Dan Slott, Kevin Burke, and Chris “Doc” Wyatt; Animation Patrick Brown; ADR and Casting Voice Directors Collete Sunderman and Kris Zimmerman; and supervising director Philip Pignotti.
Amy Ratcliffe of IGN gave the first season's premiere a score of 7.4 out of 10, writing that the series "strikes a solid balance between the familiar and the new, emphasizing qualities and hallmarks Spider-Man is known for while skipping over well-trod territory like showing the origin story." She commented, Marvel's Spider-Man "has enough of a different approach to make it stand apart from other animated takes on the character," such as Doctor Octopus and other notable characters having a change in appearance.
- ↑ "Marvel's Venom: Season 1 Premiere "Horizon High" Review", IGN (16 August 2017). Retrieved on 2 September 2017.