In order to catch a plasma-shooting experiment, Lilo, Stitch, Jumba, Pleakley, Gantu, and Reuben travel to the island of Niʻihau. After becoming stranded on the beach under the threat of being blasted by Splodyhead, the two opposing teams become one "tribe" and are forced to work together to survive. This initially doesn't go well as Gantu and Stitch both want to be the leader until Reuben nominates Lilo. Under Lilo's leadership, the group manages to disable Splodyhead's powers, causing him to flee, but he's captured when Gantu and Stitch team up together against him. Gantu gets the experiment, but when David and Nani show up to rescue Lilo, Stitch, Jumba and Pleakley, they only agree to help him and Reuben back to shore if he gives them the experiment, which he reluctantly does.
- Moral: We accomplish more working together than working against each other.
- This episode includes references to Disney's 1962 film In Search of the Castaways.
- Splodyhead's number was pronounced as "six-nineteen" by Jumba, rather than the typical by-digit pronunciation of most other experiments (which would be "six-one-nine" in Splodyhead's case).
- Stitch seems to know CPR when attempting to revive an unconscious Pleakley, resulting in his face being covered in Stitch's slobber.
- This episode is the first time in the franchise where Reuben refers to Stitch as his "cousin", using both "cousin" and the informal term "cuz".
- Reuben also refers to Stitch as a "blue space koala", implying that he is aware of Earth creatures and Stitch's similarity to one.
- This is one of the rare times Reuben chooses to side with Lilo until the events of Leroy & Stitch.
- This episode shows that Gantu apparently has a good side to him, as he willingly cooperated with Stitch, which led to Splodyhead's downfall.
- In "Slushy", Jumba somehow erroneously referred to Splodyhead as 515, a number taken by Deforestator.
- A screenshot taken from this episode was used at the end of the game Lilo & Stitch 2: Hämsterviel Havoc for Game Boy Advance, where Reuben offers the defeated Gantu a breadless cheese sandwich.