Sprig is a very excitable, energetic, and adventurous child - qualities that can bring him to adventure and into trouble. Despite acting careless at times, he is utterly loyal to his friends and family, and will ultimately do what is right in the end.
Sprig is an energetic adventurous frog. Although he seems very calm, he is very easily startled.
Sprig Plantar is a 10-year-old anthropomorphic frog of small height. He has hot pink skin with a light pink underbelly and has short orange hair underneath his hat. He has a large, elongated, chartreuse tongue that extends to certain lengths, four-fingered hands and two-toed feet.
As his everyday clothing, he wears a dark forest green hat with olive green goggles and a jade green jacket paired with dark teal shorts.
In "Dating Season", Sprig's head is colored light pink, and he has orange cheeks. He has a yellow beret-beanie-esque hat with blue feathers on his hat next to each other which makes it look like a geyser. Around his neck, he has a big white disc. He has a very short green shirt with big-circle shaped short sleeves. The big-circle shaped short sleeves are peach colored with orange seed shapes on it the short sleeves. He has big-circle shaped pants with thick vertical stripes with the pattern of colors green to yellow. It also looks like the outfit is too big for him.
- Fiddle and violin: He's very good at playing the fiddle and the violin.
- Slingshot: He uses this for playing and self-defense. He also demonstrates having a great aim with it.
- Singing: He is a good singer and can sing while playing his fiddle.
- Armpit farting: He is shown to be surprisingly adept at making armpit farts that are in tune with music.
Role in the series
From the start of the series, Sprig starts off as being considered something of a strange kid in the town of Wartwood. Over the course of the first season however, this begins to change through the influence of Anne Boonchuy while also changing her perspective as well. Along with the rest of the Plantars, they slowly begin to gain some respect from the town with many people looking at Sprig as the "fun Plantar".
One of the story arcs in season one involves Sprig's personal relationships. In "Hop Luck", he ends up getting engaged to Maddie Flour, albeit forcibly by Anne in an effort to get dough. Later on in "Dating Season", Sprig is revealed to be friends with Ivy Sundew, an old acquaintance. At the end of the episode, Sprig suddenly realizes that he is in love with Ivy and makes it his goal, through the encouragement of Anne, to admit his feelings to her. While Maddie makes spare appearances, Sprig still brings her up in a resigned manner. While he likes her, he considers her too weird and creepy. It is not until the episode "Cursed!" when he finally breaks up with her and learns that despite her weirdness, she simply wants to be friends with him and he accepts her. In "Anne of the Year", he and Ivy are finally able to admit their feelings for one another.
Sprig also spends numerous amounts of time learning from his mistakes and maturing somewhat. In "Sprig Vs. Hop Pop", he learns to be more accepting of rules and in "Trip to the Archives" he realizes that even though he would rather have fun, he should be more concerned with helping Anne with her problems instead.
- Sprig claims that he has a short attention span, implying that he has Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD).
- He considers Anne "way too old" for him when they were accused of being a couple, implying that he prefers dating people closer to his age.
- Sprig seems to be a musical prodigy as he can sing and is capable of performing the fiddle flawlessly. Not to mention he can also perform armpit fart numbers.
- Sprig, arguably, has already had two love interests. Ivy Sundew, whom he starts dating at the end of season one, and Maddie Flour, whom he was engaged to, but broke off.
- As revealed in the concept art, Sprig went through numerous color changes before settling on hot pink.