- This episode's title spoofs the Back to the Future film.
- The song playing in the episode, "That's The Thing 'Bout Stuff," is a parody or a nod inspired by the 1985 song "The Power of Love" by Huey Lewis and the News, which was featured in Back to the Future.
- Tawny Zingwald's name is a play on the name of the popular 1980s actress Molly Ringwald. Dickie's name is probably inspired by the character "Duckie" in the 1986 rom-com Pretty in Pink, played by Jon Cryer opposite Molly Ringwald.
- Several Wilhelm screams can be heard from Jed Elinoff.
- The "Monster Free Zone" sign that is destroyed by the stanked Dickie is a sly (and slightly grim) reference to the "Gun Free Zone" signs found at many U.S. schools since the Gun Free School Zones Act of 1990, which are (according to critics) equally ignored by criminals.
- This is the first episode where Mac Antfee, known as the Ninja of '85, is mentioned and tells Randy about Dickie's stanking.
- In addition, the song that plays in the background during the prom flashback has the same rhythm as "The Power of Love".
- In the Sorcerer's flashback, the rat is wearing a jacket and a glove similar to Michael Jackson's 80's song is Thriller.
- Dickie's transformation (at the near end of the episode) is similar to the Beast's transformation from Disney's Beauty and the Beast.
- Another Wilhelm scream can be heard by Jed Elinoff.
- This is the first episode to air in 2013.
The Knot not Tied Unravels.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of the Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja Wiki is available under the CC-by-SA Free Documentation License.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.