This article is about the character. For the TV show, see Stanley (TV series).
Stanley Griff is the titular protagonist of the 2001 animated television series of the same first name. He is an imaginative young boy. He has a few pets: a goldfish named Dennis, a dog named Harry, and a cat named Elsie. He has a younger brother named Lionel, who enjoys playing his electric guitar, a father, who stays at home and draws cartoons, and a mother, who is a dentist.
Powers and Abilities
Whenever Stanley enters his book, he transforms into any animal he can change into with amazing skill and ability. Even though he can speak to animals, the animals rarely talkback, the general exception being his pets Harry, Elsie, and Dennis, with whom he converses freely.
Stanley appeared as a meetable character during the time of the show's release but is considered retired.
- It is shown in the episode "Look Who's Helping" that Stanley has a cousin named Max, who owns a Golden Retriever named Molly, but it is unknown which of Max's parents is related to which of Stanley's.
- It is also shown in the movie Stanley's Dinosaur Round-Up that he has a great-uncle named Stew, who owns a dude ranch.
- In the pilot, Stanley had 4 fingers on each hand and eyebrows.
- Just like Doug Funnie (the star of another Jim Jinkins production), he has a few strands of hair on his head.
- Stanley is one of fewer male characters in the series to be voiced by a female, counting a friend of his named Lester.