As tradition dictates, Star receives the royal magic wand for her 14th birthday, but her parents worry that she is not ready for the responsibility and send her to a place they deem safe - Earth.
On Princess Star Butterfly's fourteenth birthday, she receives the Royal Magic Wand from her parents, the King and Queen of Mewni. Unfortunately, due to being reckless and irresponsible, she causes so much chaos and destruction that her parents decide to send Star away. Star is afraid that they're going to send her to St. Olga's Reform School for Wayward Princesses, but much to her relief, her parents are sending her to Earth instead, where she can learn to use her powers safely. They take her to Echo Creek Academy where Principal Skeeves appoints "Safe Kid" Marco Diaz to be Star's guide. As the disgruntled Marco shows Star around the school, he mentions that he would like a little danger in his life. Star obliges by using her wand to turn a butterfly into a screeching winged monster which freaks out Marco. He then tries to distance himself from her when he learns about her background.
When he arrives home, Marco finds Star with his parents who tell him that she will be staying with them during her time on Earth, much to his shock. Following a sarcastic comment from Marco, Star uses her wand to create a litter of puppies with laser-shooting eyes. Unknown to everyone, a monster named Buff Frog has been watching Star from the shadows and returns to his master Ludo to report his findings. Ludo plans to steal Star's wand and use it to take over the universe. Back on Earth, Marco helps carry Star's luggage to her new room and Star uses her wand to expand it into a large castle loft. When Marco wishes he had a similar room, Star tries to make one for him but ends up creating a black hole that sucks up everything in his room. Finally fed up with Star, Marco decides to move out and walks out of the house in anger.
Later in the evening, Star finds Marco outside a convenience store and apologizes for the recent events, stating that neither of them have had a choice in the matter of her moving in. Suddenly they are attacked by Ludo and his minions. With Star's magic and Marco's karate, the two of them team up and easily defeat the monsters. Ludo retreats through the portal, but not before vowing to return. Despite their victory, Star goes off to pack her belongings but is stopped by Marco, who has now forgiven her, and says he wants her to stay with his family. Star thanks him by giving him a hug before the two head home together with Marco once again playing it safe.
- Eden Sher as Star Butterfly
- Adam McArthur as Marco Diaz
- Alan Tudyk as Ludo/River Butterfly
- Grey DeLisle as Moon Butterfly
- Dee Dee Rescher as Miss Skullnick
- Artt Butler as Mr. Diaz
- Nia Vardalos as Mrs. Diaz
- Jeff Bennett as Principal Skeeves
- Fred Tatasciore as Buff Frog
- While the episode is canonical, as it features the basic set up, there are a couple of inconsistencies that fail to match with the rest of the series:
- Both Moon and River Butterfly are depicted as being equally competent with the latter actually being more in control, as opposed to the rest of the series where Moon is in charge and River is inept.
- Marco is labeled as the "safe kid" due to him constantly being careful of his surroundings. Following this episode, this characteristic is hardly ever displayed again, nor is he called the safe kid.
- This episode features the first appearance of Jackie-Lynn Thomas, Janna Ordonia and Glossaryck, but they do not have speaking lines.
- Following Marco's comments about being in love with Star since the beginning, as said in "Here to Help", it can be assumed that he fell in love at the end of the episode when Star hugs him, as indicated by his face.
- April 6, 2015 (Canada)
- April 16, 2015 (United Kingdom, Ireland)
- June 3, 2015 (France)
- June 12, 2015 (South Korea)
- July 18, 2015 (Romania, Bulgaria)
- July 20, 2015 (Germany)
- August 15, 2015 (Czech Republic, Hungary)
- August 3, 2015 (Australia)
- August 22, 2015 (Latin America)
- September 1, 2015 (Israel)
- October 5, 2015 (Turkey)
- October 19, 2015 (Poland)
- October 24, 2015 (Spain)
- Fall 2015 (Russia)
- November 2, 2015 (Italy)
- November 8, 2015 (Southeast Asia)
- December 18, 2015 (Japan)
- December 19, 2015 (Portugal)