- “The Preeminent Spaceline in the Galaxy.”
- ―company slogan.
Star Tours is the titular fictional travel agency found in the Star Tours and Star Tours: The Adventures Continue Disney theme park attractions. It is set in the Star Wars universe created by George Lucas.
Star Tours offers intergalactic sightseeing tours of celestial bodies throughout the galaxy, utilizing transports from the StarSpeeder family of spacecrafts among others. Droids represented a large part of Star Tours' workforce.
Business had greatly expanded, however, in the years within the Galactic Civil War. During this time, Star Tours faced considerable scrutiny from The Empire on the grounds that the spaceline was merely a front for the Rebel Alliance.
Most appearances of Star Tours prior to 2012 — including both versions of the titular attraction — fall within the Star Wars Legends continuity, and are not considered part of the official Star Wars canon. However, story elements of Star Tours, such as Captain Rex, the StarSpeeder 3000, and the company itself have been reintroduced into the current Star Wars canon by way of works like Star Wars Rebels and Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.
- Main article: StarSpeeder 1000
- Main article: StarSpeeder 3000
Towards the end of the Galactic Civil War, Star Tours operated the StarSpeeder 3000, an updated or upgraded version of the 1000 model. Essentially, the StarSpeeder 3000 could only be told apart from the StarSpeeder 1000 predecessors by the paint scheme.
Star Tours' livery for the StarSpeeder 3000 consisted of an almost completely white paint scheme with two thin light blue stripes running along the sides of the fuselage, with the Star Tours logo or flight number displayed adjacent to the entry and exit doors to the front passenger seating row. Similar to its predecessor, the StarSpeeder 3000 was operated by a crew of two: one RX-series pilot droid and one astromech droid.
Incidents and accidents
- Circa 2-0 BBY - Star Tours Flight 1401 harbored a Rebel spy and was pursued by Imperial agents in various parts of the galaxy in an attempt to deliver the spy to a secret rendezvous transmitted to the StarSpeeder's astromech unit.
- 4.3 ABY - Star Tours Flight 45 was a flight involving a StarSpeeder 3000 en route to Endor, which found itself in a series of several dangerous incidents attributed to pilot error. The ship, piloted by inexperienced pilot droid RX-24 AKA "Rex," nearly crashed upon takeoff, suddenly making a sharp turn toward the spaceport's maintenance bay instead of the spaceport's launch corridor. With the pilot unable to stop the craft, the ship crashed through the hangar bay doors and fell precariously towards the bottom of the hangar before recovering and escaping the spaceport. This was followed by a miscalculated jump to hyperspace, in which the ship overshot the moon of Endor, instead ending up in a field of comets. Captain Rex dangerously but successfully navigated the ship through a massive comet, only to be caught in the tractor beam of an Imperial Star Destroyer during a space battle between Imperial forces and the New Republic, which involved a new Imperial Death Star battlestation. With the assistance of a Republic X-wing pilot, the StarSpeeder escaped the tractor beam and found itself accompanying an entire squadron of New Republic X-wing starfighters on its assault on the Death Star. As the squadron and StarSpeeder made their way down the Death Star's trench, Captain Rex used the StarSpeeder's forward laser cannons to fend off Imperial TIE fighters while an X-wing pilot fired proton torpedoes into the Death Star's thermal exhaust port to destroy the battlestation. The X-wing fighters and StarSpeeder immediately jumped to lightspeed as the Death Star disintegrated in a fiery explosion. Flight 45 did make its way back to spaceport, but came out of lightspeed too fast, narrowly missing a fuel truck in the spaceport before landing safely.
DestinationsStar Tours offered flights to the following destinations throughout its history:
- Glee Anselm
- Yavin 4
StaffThe following have been known to work for Star Tours at some point in time.
- ↑ http://attractionsmagazine.com/blog/2010/08/13/new-disney-merchandise-revealed-at-star-wars-celebration/