|| "Even miracles take a little time."
To prevent speculation, please add reliable sources to the unreleased media. Any information that is not backed up by citations may be removed.
Thank you and have a magical day!
The story will introduce a new generation of starfighter pilots as they earn their wings and risk their lives in a boundary-pushing, high-speed thrill-ride, and move the saga into the future era of the galaxy. Lock S-foils in attack position: Rogue Squadron arrives in theaters Christmas 2023.
According to an IGN interview with Patty Jenkins, Rogue Squadron will be an entirely new and original story and not an adaptation of the novel and video game series.
During an interview for Wonder Woman 1984 on December 14, 2020, Patty Jenkins confirmed that a writer was already hired for Rogue Squadron, and that he has been working on the film's story treatment "for awhile," and that the treatment was nearly finished.
On June 1, 2021, it was reported that Aline Bonetto had been hired as the production designer for the film.
On June 25, 2021, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Lucasfilm had hired Matthew Robinson to write the screenplay for the film. Pre-production will begin this fall, with a targeted 2022 filming start date.
- "FUTURE LUCASFILM PROJECTS REVEALED". Retrieved on December 10, 2020.
- "Patty Jenkins' Star Wars: Rogue Squadron Movie Is Not a Video Game Adaptation". Retrieved on December 12, 2020.
- "Patty Jenkins on 'Star Wars' Movie 'Rogue Squadron' & Who Is Writing the Script". Retrieved on December 14, 2020.
- "Disney Disturbs the Force: Pleasing Star Wars Fans Complicates Saga". Retrieved on December 6, 2020.
- EXCLUSIVE: Patty Jenkins’ ‘Star Wars: Rogue Squadron’ Adds ‘Wonder Woman’ Production Designer Aline Bonetto
- ‘Star Wars’: Patty Jenkins’ ‘Rogue Squadron’ Gets a Writer (Exclusive)