Star Wars Rebels is an animated series produced by Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm Animation. The series takes place between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, in which the Galactic Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the surviving Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape.
It premiered as a 44-minute special, "Spark of Rebellion", on October 3, 2014, on Disney Channel prior to the premiere of the series on October 13 on Disney XD. The series finale premiered on March 5, 2018.
The series is set approximately 5 BBY (Before the Battle of Yavin), fourteen years into the reign of the Galactic Empire. The general premise is described as follows:
"It is a dark time in the galaxy, as the evil Galactic Empire tightens its grip of power from world to world. Imperial forces have occupied a remote planet, ruling with an iron fist and ruining the lives of its people. But there are a select few who are brave enough to stand up against the endless Stormtroopers and TIE Fighters of the Empire: the clever and motley crew of the starship Ghost. Together, this ragtag group will face threatening new villains, have thrilling adventures, and become heroes."
- Taylor Gray as Ezra Bridger
- Freddie Prinze, Jr. as Kanan Jarrus
- Steve Blum as Garazeb Orrelios
- Tiya Sircar as Sabine Wren
- Vanessa Marshall as Hera Syndulla
- James Earl Jones as Darth Vader
- David Oyelowo as Agent Kallus
- David Shaughnessy as Cumberlayne Aresko, Myles Grint
- Liam O'Brien as Lyste
- Keith Szarabajka as Cikatro Vizago
- Kath Soucie as Maketh Tua
- Phil LaMarr as Bail Organa
- Dante Basco as Jai Kell
- Dee Bradley Baker as Kassius Konstantine, Rex, Wolffe, Gregor
- Ashley Eckstein as Ahsoka Tano
- Stephen Stanton as Wilhuff Tarkin, AP-5
- Keone Young as Jun Sato
- Sam Witwer/Ian McDiarmid as Palpatine
- Jim Cummings as Hondo Ohnaka
- Philip Anthony-Rodriguez as Fifth Brother
- Sarah Michelle Gellar as Seventh Sister
- Gina Torres as Ketsu Onyo
- Clancy Brown as Ryder Azadi
- Kevin McKidd as Fenn Rau
- Sam Witwer as Maul
- Lars Mikkelsen as Thrawn
- Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as Arihnda Pryce
- Tom Baker as The Bendu
- Nathan Kress as Wedge Antilles
- Zachary Gordon as Mart Mattin
- Genevieve O'Reilly as Mon Mothma
- Michael Bell as Jan Dodonna
- Warwick Davis as Rukh
Lucasfilm Ltd. veteran sculptor Darren Marshall, who worked on Star Wars: The Clone Wars prior to its cancellation in 2013, developed sculpts for the core characters of Star Wars Rebels before leaving Lucasfilm in June 2013. By December 2013, the production crew had finished developing the series' first season and had begun animating the first script.
After the second episode of the series was aired, a second season was already confirmed.
Star Wars Rebels was first announced on March 11, 2013, as an unnamed animated series set to replace Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Its name and premiere date were announced in a press release on May 20, 2013. It premiered on October 2014 with a televised movie on Disney Channel written by Executive Producer Simon Kinberg. Following the premiere, the series moved to Disney XD.
Trailers and Clips
Behind the Scenes
- This was the first Star Wars series to be produced by Disney.
- The visual style of Star Wars Rebels was inspired by the original Star Wars trilogy concept art by Ralph McQuarrie.
- Star Wars Rebels on Wikipedia
- Star Wars Rebels on Facebook
- Star Wars Rebels: Dave Filoni reveals the Inquisitor, talks up series at NYCC
- sienarfleetsystems.com - A Star Wars Rebels promotional site
- Star Wars Rebels on Disney XD
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wookieepedia: The Star Wars Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wookieepedia is available under the CC-by-SA Free Documentation License.|