- “Some heroes stick to the plan. Others just wing it.”
The series is about Kazuda Xiono, a young pilot recruited by the Resistance and tasked with a top-secret mission to spy on the growing threat of the First Order.
- Christopher Sean as Kazuda Xiono
- Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron
- Gwendoline Christie as Captain Phasma
- Suzie McGrath as Tam Ryvora
- Scott Lawrence as Jarek Yeager
- Myrna Velasco as Torra Doza
- Josh Brener as Neeku Vozo
- Donald Faison as Hype Fazon
- Bobby Moynihan as Flix
- Jim Rash as Orka
- Rachel Butera as Leia Organa
- Stephen Stanton as Griff Halloran
- Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as Freya Fenris
The series is created by Dave Filoni, who led the creative team on Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels. When the third season of Star Wars Rebels debuted, it was announced that Filoni had stepped down as Supervising Director, in favor of helping to develop "future animation development."
The inspiration for Star Wars Resistance came from Filoni's interest in World War II aircrafts and fighter pilots, with his grandfather's time as a pilot during the war being a particular influence on him. In the announcement of the series, Filoni noted that this anime-inspired series would capture the sense of excitement around high-speed racing, which Star Wars has depicted in many stories over the years.
The series is set between the events of Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens, in a time when the Resistance is still learning about the growing threat of the First Order. Though it features a largely new cast of characters, Star Wars Resistance will include appearances from Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron and Gwendoline Christie as Captain Phasma, reprising their roles from the sequel trilogy films. The character of the BB-series astromech droid BB-8 will also feature heavily in the series.
- ↑ "Twitter". Disney Channel PR post. Retrieved on January 9, 2019.
- ↑ Young, Bryan (2016-09-23). 'Star Wars Rebels:' Filoni No Longer Supervising Director Big Shiny Robot Archived from the original on 2017-07-03. Retrieved on 2016-10-24.