"Star vs. Echo Creek" is the first segment of the seventeenth episode of Star vs. the Forces of Evil. It premiered on August 1, 2016 alongside "Wand to Wand", and is the first segment of the fourth episode in the second season.
Star goes on the run after accidentally crushing a police car.
At Britta's Tacos, Star and Marco are having lunch. When Star adds a large quantity of sugar onto her food and takes a bite, she has a sugar rush and starts casting magic hyper-actively. One of her spells hits the Britta's Tacos sign, causing it to fall and crush a police cruiser. In a state of panic, Marco pulls Star into the restaurant alleyway to hide. At first Star does not see this as a big deal, until Marco tells her that she could go to prison for what she has just done. As he explains to her what prison is like and how much worse it is than St. Olga's Reform School for Wayward Princesses, Star decides to run away and go into hiding.
After fleeing the scene and "eluding" the police, Star stumbles into the city aqueduct to begin her new life on the run. The next morning, Star is awoken by a kindhearted woman named Brigid, who invites her into her home, built in the city aqueduct, for some pancakes. Brigid quickly deduces that Star has run away from home because of something she did. As Star tells her story, Brigid stakes a strange interest in her hair. Star worries that Brigid is going to steal her hair, but Brigid assures her that she only salvages discarded hair and uses it to fashion thing around her home. Brigid then reveals that she knew Star was in trouble because of her picture on a "Missing Persons" flyer. She tries to convince Star to go home, but Star is still too worried about going to prison. She refuses to go home and runs away again.
Spotting what she believes is a police officer searching for her, Star dives into the river and creates a magic air bubble around herself. Exhausted from running, she falls asleep as she sinks deeper into the water. When she wakes up, she encounters a horned sea serpent who tells her all about the advantages of living a life in hiding. However, he also tells her what she would be giving up if she chose this life: never see her family or friends again. As it turns out, the sea serpent is simply a manifestation of Star's subconscious trying to convince her that she has not made a mistake by running away. Star decides that she does not want to spend the rest of her life without her friends and family. She returns to the surface of the water and willingly turns herself into the police. They bring her to the station, where Marco has waited all night for her to be found. The officers reveal to Star that the police car she destroyed was scheduled to be decommissioned anyway, so she does not face jail time. However, for fleeing the scene of an accident, Star is sentenced to some community service of washing police cars.
- Eden Sher as Star Butterfly
- Adam McArthur as Marco Diaz
- Yvette Nicole Brown as Brigid
- John DiMaggio as Sea Serpent
- Grey DeLisle as Cop
- When Star hallucinates the under water world, it slightly resembles Pepper Land from the Beatles movie Yellow Submarine complete with a titular vessel, albeit violet colored.
- The Sea Serpent's happy song sneaks in a macabre line of turning someone to bones, with it being revealed that the Serpent is a figment of Star's imagination. This gives more insight into Star who is prone to fits of violence in between her otherwise sunny disposition.
- Anything You Want To
- August 25, 2016 (United Kingdom and Ireland)
- November 2, 2016 (Israel)
- November 10, 2016 (Italy)
- November 20, 2016 (Japan)
- December 9, 2016 (Southeast Asia)
- December 13, 2016 (Latin America)
- January 5, 2017 (Poland)
- February 9, 2017 (Spain)
- September 28, 2017 (Portugal)
- February 10, 2018 (Philippines)