Steve Jackson is the most popular fish that attends Freshwater High in the show Fish Hooks.
Steve enjoys impressing girls and being cool. He is also kind, forgiving, and nice, when he understood what the boys said about hair, he told them that hair does not make them perfect and the important thing is to be yourself and do your best.
Steve Jackson first spoke when Oscar needed a new room-mate. Clamantha was rejected several times when she disguised as different things. So she disguised as Steve Jackson to be roommates with Oscar. When Oscar was about to accept him, "Steve Jackson" spat out a large pearl. It was of course Clamantha ("Dances with Wolf Fish"). When Milo asked the boys what the most radical-est thing thing they could think of was, Steve Jackson said rock and roll. When Milo needed to see what the girls are planning for their float, he hired Steve to spy on the girls, due to his irresistible looks. When Finberley was getting glitter from her locker, Steve said hi to her. Finberley was surprised that Steve Jackson knew her name, and Steve helped her carry the glitter for her. When Finberley and Steve got back to the girls, who are working on their float, Bea's eye got caught on Steve Jackson. Finberley told Bea that Steve carried the glitter for her. However, Bea had suspicion on why Steve isn't with the boys, but Steve remembered Milo's note-cards he gave him, so he read it, and asked to see the girls float. But Bea asked Steve if Milo hired him to spy on their float. Steve admitted that he tried to spy on them, so Bea had to ask him to leave. Steve was also battling the girls with the boys at the homecoming fight ("Fish Floaters").
Bea was on a date with Randy Pincherson. After she was embarrassed by Shellsea and her other friends, and said that it couldn't get any worse, Steve Jackson showed up and Bea started hyperventilating. Steve said that he wanted to have a deep conversation about Bea's feelings with her, but he saw that she was on a date. Bea tried to say that she wasn't on a date, but Randy proved otherwise. Steve then left, saying that he could find another girl to have a deep conversation with, and says hi to Finberley, as Bea starts to moan ("Diary of a Lost Fish"). When the students went to a field trip to Pupu Goodtimes amusement park, Bea bumped into Steve Jackson, who told Bea that he could maybe later ride a roller-coaster with her. When Bea looks back, Steve is gone, so she spends her whole time in the carnival looking for him. First, she looks in the House of Mirrors, but Steve left before she could find him. When Shellsea encouraged Bea not to give up looking for Steve, Bea went to the Pu-Panator rollercoaster, and finally found Steve Jackson. She sat right next to him in the ride ("Good Times at Pupu Goodtimes").
In the "Potatoes for Winter" play, Steve Jackson played as the prince who Beastapus turned into after true love with Bea broke the curse. At the end, the prince and Spetlona gets married ("Fish School Musical"). When the gang decided to trick-or-treat outside the tanks, Steve Jackson joined Oscar's plan. Steve's costume was a "shirtless werewolf", in which the girls sigh happily when seeing him ("Halloween Haul"). Steve is shown again to be extremely popular at Freshwater High. He won the dodge-ball game, got great grades at French class, and went on dates with lots of girls. When Oscar, Milo, Jumbo Shrimp and Albert Glass wonder why Steve is so popular, Steve walks past them, saying hi, but he accidentally drops his hair gel from his backpack. With Steve not noticing, the boys stole the hair gel and put it on their hair, making them perfect at school. At the end when Milo, Oscar, Jumbo and Albert are all fighting over Steve's hair gel, Steve finds them, asking if that's his hair gel. The boys confess what they did, and Steve tells them that nobody is perfect, and that if you try your best, good things will happen. Steve forgives the boys, and they all go to get food at the Hokey Poke. Before they leave, they see Mr. Baldwin, who has on Steve's gel all over his hair, much to their horror ("Hairanoid"). In "Fish Prom", Steve was a catcher in softball and once it was Bea's turn she got nervous about asking Steve to the prom she pretended having cramps. But once another girl was about to ask Steve, Bea beat her up and then Steve suggested that him and Bea should go to prom with him. At prom, Steve saw a big spill of punch and wanted to clean it up. So he went into the janitors closet to get a mop, but Finberley put a bunch of chairs in front of the door an he was locked out for the whole episode expect for the ending in which Clamantha opened it but once she saw Steve she closed it again ("Fish Prom").
- Nearly all the girls have a crush on him like Shellsea, Finberley and Koi.
- Like Shellsea, he has a "handsome face" while Shellsea's a "disco face".
- He once dated Shellsea.
- He is one of few fish not to have a "bumpy" tail (Koi).
- He has had one major role in "Hairanoid", when Milo, Oscar, Albert Glass, and Jumbo Shrimp were jealous of him.
- His name is an allusion to Skai Jackson in Jessie.
- He is good at gymnastics and lacrosse.
- He has two butts ("Fish Flakes").
- His favourite colour is blue.
- "Bea Stays in the Picture" (Non-speaking cameo)
- "Fish Sleepover Party" (Non-speaking cameo)
- "Fish Out of Water" (Non-speaking cameo)
- "Doris Flores Gorgeous" (Non-speaking cameo)
- "Happy Birthfish, Jocktopus" (Non-speaking cameo)
- "Queen Bea" (Non-speaking cameo)
- "Funny Fish" (Non-speaking cameo)
- "Baldwin the Super Fish" (Non-speaking cameo)
- "Dances with Wolf Fish" Clamantha in Disguise
- "Milo Gets a Ninja (Non-speaking cameo)
- "Dropsy!" (Non-speaking cameo)
- "Big Fish" (Non-speaking cameo)
- "Dollars and Fish" (Non-speaking cameo)
- "Fish Floaters"
- "Peopleing" (Non-speaking cameo)
- "Milo's Big Idea" (Non-speaking cameo)
- "Mascotastrophe" (Non-speaking cameo)
- "Diary of a Lost Fish"
- "Good Morning, Freshwater" (Non-speaking cameo)
- "Good Times at Pupu Goodtimes"
- "Fish School Musical"
- "Halloween Haul"
- "Fish Talent Show" (Non-speaking cameo)
- "Banned Band" (Non-speaking cameo)
- "Send Me an Angel Fish"
- "Milo and Oscar Move In"
- "All Fins On Deck" (Non-speaking cameo)
- "Fish Prom"