Stephen Glenn "Steve" Martin is an American actor, comedian, writer, producer, and musician, who is best known for writing The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour, and later appearing as a frequent guest on The Tonight Show. He is also well-known for his film roles as Tom Baker in Cheaper by the Dozen and its 2005 sequel, as well as Inspector Clouseau in The Pink Panther and its 2009 sequel, Hotep in The Prince of Egypt, Mr. Chairman in Looney Tunes: Back in Action, and Neal Page in the 1987 buddy comedy, Planes, Trains and Automobiles.
Martin has had a long-time connection with Disney, selling guidebooks and working at the Main Street Magic Shop at Disneyland as his first job and learning comedy from Wally Boag over at the Golden Horseshoe Revue. He states in his autobiography that Boag was one of his earliest influences in comedy.
Years later, he would guest-star on The Muppet Show and portray the insolent waiter in The Muppet Movie and George Banks in Touchstone Pictures' Father of the Bride and its sequel. He was also one of the Interstitial Hosts for Fantasia 2000 and in 2005, alongside Donald Duck, would host the attraction Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years to celebrate the park's 50th anniversary. He also wrote Magic Camp and played Michael McCann in A Simple Twist of Fate and Peter Sanderson in Bringing Down The House.
- He was originally considered for the role of Dodger in Disney's 1988 movie Oliver & Company, along with Burt Reynolds.
- He has stated that his hair started to turn prematurely gray when he was in his late twenties and became completely white by his mid-forties.
- He was considered for the role of Wayne Szalinski in Honey, I Shrunk the Kids.
- He was also considered to voice Genie in Aladdin.
- He was considered to voice Woody in Toy Story.
- He was also considered for the role of Captain Jack Sparrow in Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.
- He was also considered for the role of Inspector Gadget in the film of the same name, along with Brendan Fraser, Kevin Kline, Steve Carell, and Chevy Chase.
- He was also considered to voice Mushu in Mulan.
- He was also considered to voice Pacha in The Emperor's New Groove.
- He was also considered to voice James P. Sullivan in Monsters, Inc..
- He was also considered to voice Goofy in a Goofy Movie.