Stitch & the Samurai, known in Japan as Tono & Stitch, is a 2020 manga spin-off of the Lilo & Stitch franchise that debuted on January 13, 2020, on Kodansha's Comic Days website, written and drawn by Hiroto Wada. An English translation of the first compiled volume is set to be published by Tokyopop on May 11, 2021.
In an alternate universe, Stitch's ship becomes lost in time after making the hyper jump. Instead of modern Hawaii, Stitch's ship crash lands in Sengoku-era Japan, a time where samurai warlords vie for control of the country. The army of warlord Yamato Meison discovers the crashed spaceship and after a brief struggle, Meison finds the "blue tanuki" both cute and powerful enough to join him.
- A two-chapter limited-time mini-volume of the manga was released on June 1, 2020, via the Japanese version of Disney Tsum Tsum, features Leroy's second-ever appearance within official Lilo & Stitch media, his first new appearance in the franchise since his 2006 debut in the film Leroy & Stitch. (He was also released as a playable Tsum in the mobile game that same month.)
- The mini-volume is also the first Disney media to officially designate him as "Experiment 629", despite previous Japanese and Disneyland Paris merchandise designating him as "Experiment 628" (which is false since the pod of an Experiment 628 was seen in the Lilo & Stitch: The Series episode "627", and Leroy was newly made in his debut film).
- Pineda, Rafael Antonio (January 13, 2020). "Disney Character Stitch Gets Manga Set in Feudal Japan". Anime News Network.
- "Upcoming Releases: Disney Manga: Stitch and the Samurai, Volume 1". Tokyopop.
- Tweet from the Japanese LINE: Disney Tsum Tsum account written on June 4, 2020.
- Tono & Stitch chapter 1 on Comic Days