The teachers of Hazelnut Middle School are all frustrated with the inconveniences that they have to put up with and the low pay. Following another dispute with the school board, they all decide to go on strike. All the students are happy with Trinket throwing a pool party. Nicky refuses to go and instead wants to write letters to the school board, forcibly dragging Milo along. Pepper Ann mocks the teachers for the strike, until Coach Doogan says they are thinking of cutting soccer. Pepper Ann confronts Principal Hickey, but he is powerless, forcing her to join the strike.
After four hours, Pepper Ann gets tired and tries to get the other students to help, but they refuse. Mr. Carter points out the irony. When Pepper Ann accuses his classes of being boring, he tells her that that is because he has to teach several students with many of them doing poorly; adding that Pepper Ann is actually one of the better students. Pepper Ann begins to bond with the teachers and learns more about them such as Mr. Finky's background, Ms. Sneed's knitting and Ms. Bladdar's reason for teaching (she is looking for a man).
The school board decides to save the extracurricular activities, but the teachers still need to strike for more pay. They are about to give up, but Pepper Ann convinces them to keep going as she proudly joins them. One week later, the strike is successful with the teachers now given bigger paychecks, though their printer is still broken. Pepper Ann happily returns, but is disappointed when Mr. Carter still gives her detention for being late. Milo (whose tongue is sore from licking letters) tries to explain for her, but Pepper Ann stops him as no one will read the subtitles.
- Kathleen Wilhoite as Pepper Ann Pearson
- Jeff Bennett as Dieter Liederhosen
- Danny Cooksey as Milo Kamalani
- Clea Lewis as Nicky Little
- April Winchell as Lydia Pearson, Abriola Stark
- Bebe Neuwirth as Bronte Bladdar
- Jim Cummings as Roland Carter
- Julia Sweeney as Carlotta Sneed
- Paddi Edwards as Vera Groober-Schwartz
- Don Lake as Sherman Finky
- Kathy Najimy as Coach Doogan
- Don Adams as Principal Hickey
- Jenna von Oÿ as Trinket St. Blair
- Paul Gleason as Superintendent Radcliffe
- Kurtwood Smith as Mr. Reason
- On Disney+, the episode segment is first next to "Moose in Love".
- Milo does not say a single coherent sentence in this entire episode.
- Mr. Finky's "Sherm 'Fly Guy' Finky" jacket first appears in "Cocoon Gables".