At Royal Prep, the students are learning the bouncing spell in sorcery class. Sofia learns it without any trouble but everyone else just can't seem to get it down. Flora announces that she, Fauna, and Merryweather are going to the united fairy teachers' meeting. But Fauna forgot about this and therefore didn't find a substitute teacher for sorcery class. Sofia decides to ask Cedric to be the substitute. At first, Cedric doesn't want to but Sofia manages to convince him by telling him there's an ingredient he needs for his potion in the greenhouse at Royal Prep.
The next day, at Royal Prep, Cedric resumes the bouncing spell lesson. Meanwhile, three students known as Elliot, Amy, and Kurt who are from Hexley Hall, Cedric's former sorcery school, show up and start playing magical pranks on everyone. James and Amber tell Sofia that every year the students from Hexley Hall play magical pranks at Royal Prep that leave the school in disarray for months and the tricks are far from harmless. At first, Cedric doesn't want to stop them but Sofia reminds him that he's in charge, and failing to handle three kids will make him look foolish. Cedric tries to stop them but they overpower him and stick him in a chair with a sticking spell. Sofia and her friends come out to help him and Cedric teaches them the disappearing spell to fix the damage. They all try it but everyone fails. Vivian isn't even trying because she has no confidence. Cedric tells the children the key to casting successful magic is to keep trying and never give up. One by one, everyone finally gets the spell down.
Meanwhile, the Hexley Hall trio cast the spell for their ultimate prank: Filling Royal Prep with bubbles to make the school float away. Sofia and her friends try to stop them but the trio overpowers them. Vivian saves her friends and they all stop the trio with the bouncing spell. Then, they save the school with the disappearing spell and force the evil trio to get out of Royal Prep and never prank them again. When the fairies get back, Cedric tells them what happened and the fairies assure them that the Headmaster of Hexley Hall will hear about it and punish the trio. They then free Cedric who leads them back to class to continue teaching them magic.
- Ariel Winter as Sofia
- Joshua Carlon as Prince Desmond
- Darcy Rose Byrnes as Princess Amber
- Sabrina Carpenter as Princess Vivian
- Tyler Merna as Prince James
- Jess Harnell as Cedric the Sorcerer/Sir Gillium
- Barbara Dirickson as Flora
- Russi Taylor as Fauna
- Jim Cummings as Wormwood
- Nolan Gould as Elliot
- Liliana Mumy as Amy
- Bridger Zadina as Kurt
- This is the fourth episode where Cedric sings, as well as his second solo song. His first solo was Cedric The Great in "Cedric's Apprentice", he sang the duet I'll Get My/That Amulet with Sofia in "The Amulet of Avalor" and was featured in the song Mystic Meadows in the episode of the same name.
- This episode shows flashbacks when Cedric was a little boy. This is also the fifth episode that features a flashback of characters, the others were "Let The Good Times Troll", "Baileywick's Day Off", "Mom's the Word" and "The Princess Stays in the Picture".
- He has made reference to his flashback in this episode in the lyrics of "Cedric the Great" in the episode "Cedric's Apprentice".
- This is the third time these flashbacks are happening during the episode's song. The first two were in "Mom's the Word" and "The Princess Stays in the Picture".
- This is the second time Desmond and Vivian both play an active role together. The first was "Enchanted Science Fair".
- The painting James removes the mustaches from is a copy of a famous British painting entitled "The Two Princes in the Tower" depicting Richard and Edward V of England. The painting was originally done in 1483.
- Two paintings of Aunt Tilly and the Old Man from "The Princess Stays in the Picture" can be seen in the school hallways.
- This is the third episode which trouble triggers in Royal Prep. The first was "Make Way for Miss Nettle", then the second was "Scrambled Pets".
- This is Cedric's first visit to Royal Prep.
- The Three Good Fairies meet Cedric for the second time, the first was "Tea for Too Many".
- Cedric and Sir Gillium meet for the first time but don't speak to each other, however, they are both voiced by Jess Harnell.
- This is the second time some of Royal Prep Students wear their Gym uniforms, the first time was in "Scrambled Pets".
- Other Princesses are seen trying to learn how to horseback ride just like Sofia.
- Sir Gillium is seen teaching other Princesses how to Horseback ride.
- Minimus makes a cameo in this episode.
- When filling the school with bubbles the three Pranksters chant, "Bubble, bubble, let's make trouble! Fill this school on the double!" a nod to Macbeth.
- In retrospect, the bubble prank was in fact extremely dangerous and potentially life-threatening as the three pranksters filled the school whilst there were still students inside it. Had the bubbles popped or been unable to hold the school up for long, the building crashing to the ground could have caused it to collapse and injure or even kill those inside it. This goes for their many other pranks.
- Due to the Headmaster of Hexley Hall being corrupt as shown in the "Hexley Hall" episode, this could possibly be the reason why Prank Day has been allowed to go on for so long.
- Moral: Commitment and confidence are the paths to success.
- Sir Gillium intervenes with the Pranksters, but they put him in the clock tower. In the scene where the song is set in, Sir Gillium is instead in a room where the floor becomes a trampoline. After Miss Fauna and Miss Flora arrived, Sir Gillium calls help in the clock tower. (Although, this goof is overlooked due to Sir Gillium having some likeness to Professor Popov, and will take a sharp eye to spot the differences... it's a mistake none-the-less.)
- Princess Maya is joining the sorcery class and the flying derby training at the same time.