It was released theatrically alongside the film Ralph Breaks the Internet.
- Mark Walton as Rhino
- Miley Cyrus as Penny
- Susie Essman as Mittens
- Malcolm McDowell as Dr. Calico
- Sean Donnellan as Penny's TV Dad
- Randy Savage as Thug
Bolt has no lines in this short
Penny and Bolt have been captured by the evil Dr. Calico, suspended above a pool of lava, inside a heavily guarded warehouse on an island in the middle of nowhere - a base which is impenetrable to both people and dogs. Penny's father watches the events from his lab through a secret camera imbedded in Bolt's collar and worries that he cannot save her. Discovering that no man or dog can break into Dr. Calico's base, he turns to Rhino, who is watching TV in the background. In order to save Penny and Bolt, Rhino is put through the same procedure as Bolt to give him super-powers.
Rhino uses his newly found powers to fly across the sea and crash land outside the armed base encased in his ball. Rhino's battle with the guard is witnessed by Penny, Bolt and Dr. Calico from the inside, with helicopters and cars crashing into the side of the building. As all the noise subsides a single knock on the door is heard and not receiving an answer Rhino uses his heat-vision to create an opening in the wall.
On the inside Rhino uses his eye-beams to defeat the armed guards and commandeers a flying missile, riding it like a surfboard to aim at Dr. Calico, though the missile misses. Instead Rhino uses his super squeek ability to finish the villain off. With Penny and Bolt saved Rhino walks away.
Rhino is next seen on stage performing The Best of Both Worlds; the theme song from Hannah Montana (by co-star Miley Cyrus), where it is revealed that Rhino has been dreaming his adventures all along. Mittens wakes him up, telling him that she's not a fan of his singing.
- List of Disney Animated Shorts and Featurettes
- Walt Disney Animation Studios
- ↑ Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment (January 21, 2009). "Bolt Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy Combo Coming March 22". Retrieved on May 5, 2012.
- "Nathan Greno and Mark Walton Talk Bolt and Super Rhino". MovieWeb (March 16, 2009)
- "An Afternoon at the House of Mouse". TAG Blog (October 27, 2008)
- "Q&A with Nathan Greno and Mark Walton from “Super Rhino”". Disney Society (March 20, 2009)
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at Super Rhino. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|