Mickey, Donald and Goofy are on a trip into a wood where there is a swimming hole inhabited by several wild animals and surrounded by beautiful plants. They are very excited, but then they find out that the swimming hole has been stolen by the scoundrel Pete, who leaves all the local creatures homeless and even laughs at their disappointment. Even the Sun is disappointed and gives up the summer. Pete takes the stolen pond home and surrounds it with an electric fence, so he can enjoy it by himself while tasting a cocktail. Mickey and his friends try to invade his home and retrieve the pond, but they are electrocuted by the fence and fall into a barn where they find a tractor and decide to use it to destroy Pete’s fence and get the pond back.
Enraged, Pete gets his pickup and goes after them on the road. After a fast and furious pursuit, the pond ends up breaking in the middle and the water spills out. At this point, everyone starts crying.
Then, the fallen water turns into rain and refills the swimming hole. Joyfully, Mickey and his friends go swimming with the local wildlife. Suddenly, Mickey notices Pete is very upset and alone in the woods and invites him to play in the water too. Pete happily accepts his invitation and joins them. The episode ends with everyone enjoying the summer together.
- Chris Diamantopoulos - Mickey Mouse
- Tony Anselmo - Donald Duck
- Bill Farmer - Goofy
- Jim Cummings - Pete
- Ilya Owens
- Little April Shower plays when it starts raining, and it even features a frame-by-frame parody of the first shot of the rain sequence from Bambi.
- A bluegrass version of it was also heard when everyone jumped into the swimming hole.
- Goofy can be heard yelling out his famous holler when he, Mickey, and Donald drove over a fence with "Holey".
- Beginning from this episode, Pete has his own trademark outfit for this series, which consists of a pair of blue one-strapped overalls as seen in Steamboat Willie.