"Swimming Fool" is the first segment of the third episode of Big City Greens.
Cricket tries his best to use the high dive at an indoor swimming pool. Meanwhile, Tilly goes looking for treasure, Bill's pants get sucked by the Jacuzzi filter and Gramma Alice tries to protect her new hairdo.
The Green family head to the Big City Community Center for the indoor swimming pool. Upon arriving each member of the family has their own goal: Cricket wants to try the high dive, Tilly decides to go "deep sea diving" to look for buried treasure, Bill wants to try the Jacuzzi and Gramma Alice wants to relax and soak her feet. Furthermore, she wants to avoid getting her hair wet as she just came back from the salon with a new hairdo and warns the family about ruining it for her. Cricket is confronted by a group of kids his age whose leader, Carlos, warns Cricket about the high dive by explaining about the legend of Pink Bellied Pat and his attempt at the feat, however Cricket seems unfazed by this.
Right away, things do not turn out well for the Greens. Cricket chickens out of the high dive and is ridiculed by his peers, Bill's pants get sucked out through the Jacuzzi's air vents and he is left nude; made even worse by the arrival of a very patient and happy family, Tilly finds her "treasure"; which is actually Bill's truck keys having ended up in the main pool; but her buoyancy prevents her from reaching the bottom and Alice is heckled by children who think she is trying to have fun with them. Cricket sulks until Bill explains to him that courage is not about not having any fear, but rather it is about being afraid and doing it anyway.
Alice uses her fake leg to scare everyone out of the pool and Cricket instead climbs up to the building's support structure where everyone stops and watches him. While everyone is distracted by Cricket, Bill uses his hat to cover himself and head into the locker room and Cricket lets go and he lands in the pool, causing a tidal wave that ruins Alice's hair. Tilly, who is still trying to get the keys, gets knocked down further by Cricket and she is successful in retrieving her prize. Cricket is praised as a hero and Bill immediately gets the family so that they can return home and "burn [his] hat". A new kid arrives asking who Cricket Green is and Benny, one of Cricket's new friends, proceeds to explain "The Tale of Cricket Green".
- Chris Houghton as Cricket Green
- Bob Joles as Bill Green
- Artemis Pebdani as Gramma Alice
- Marieve Herington as Tilly Green
- Luke Lowe as Benny
- Monica Ray as Kiki Kitashima
- Jorge Diaz as Carlos
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Dad
- Shane Houghton as Lifeguard
- Sam Lavagnino as New kid
- This episode marks the first appearance of Benny and Kiki, two children who Cricket and Tilly befriend.
- Bill most likely has more than one trucker hat as he states that he is going to the burn the one he was currently wearing after having to use it to cover his nudity.
- The title is a play on the word “Swimming Pool”.
- This episode marks the first appearance of the generic family with the father having yellow skin, the mother with red skin and the kids with orange skin.
- Moral: Don't let fear stop you from doing what you love.