This segment starts without introduction immediately after the opening. Abstract patterns and shapes that resemble butterflies in reds, oranges, yellows, greens, blues, purples, and pinks in shades, tints, hues and bats in black explore a world of light and darkness which is ultimately conquered by light.
- Musical score: Ludwig van Beethoven
- Directed by: Pixote Hunt
- Story development: Kevin Yasuda
- Art direction: Pixote Hunt
- Animators: Wayne Carlisi and Raul Garcia
- The segment originally used the Norfolk & Western J Class 611 clips from I Love Toy Trains, Part 2, because Disney did not have the rights from Tom McComas of TM Books & Video according to the FBI Warning at the start to every I Love Toy Trains video. A DVD version of I Love Toy Trains Parts 1, 2, and 3 included a remastered Norfolk & Western J Class 611 segment of Symphony No. 5.