Synthetic kyber crystals are artificially made kyber crystals; Force-attuned crystals that are used by the Jedi and Sith in the construction of their lightsabers, that glowed with a green hue. Due to their synthetic nature, they are highly unstable and explosive.
While synthetic kyber crystals are rarely used by the Jedi in the construction of their lightsabers, they are often used by the Sith; lightsaber blades powered by synthetic kyber crystals are slightly stronger and more powerful, than the ones powered by natural kyber crystals.
Known Color Crystals
- Blue: Traditionally, the Jedi use blue-bladed lightsabers.
- Green: Traditionally, the Jedi use green-bladed lightsabers.
- Red: Traditionally, the Sith use red-bladed lightsabers.
- Crimson: The Sith rarely use crimson-bladed lightsabers.
- Scarlet: The Sith rarely use scarlet-bladed lightsabers.