After one of the Plantars mysteriously runs out the charge on Anne's phone, the family embarks on a mission to try and recharge it.
Anne reveals to the Plantars that her phone automatically downloaded episodes of Suspicion Island. The Plantars, unfamiliar with technology or entertainment from Anne's world, react differently. Sprig and Polly become intrigued by the unusual series, while Hop Pop outright detests it. They end up binging the series at Anne's suggestion, but as it gets late, she ends it so that they can all go to bed with Hop Pop concurring and the kids disappointed. In the middle of the night however, somebody comes back into the living room to watch the rest of the show. In the morning, Anne sets up so that they can watch more Suspicion Island, but discovers that not only has someone watched all the episodes, but the battery has run out. The Plantars call begin blaming each other for the phone's battery dying out and Anne asks that they find electricity.
Hop Pop researches the Zapapedes, centipede like creatures full of electricity. They all agree to venture out to the misty peaks to search for the creatures and recharge Anne's phone, though they all begin to suspect one another. They make it to the top of the peak where they spot a Zapapede. While a crossing a rickety bridge, Hop Pop and Polly believe that Sprig wore out the phone's energy while he suspects the two in return. As they fight, the rope bridge breaks and they land on a ledge that overlooks an entire bed of Zapapedes. Sprig and Polly still suspect each other and fight with Anne jumping in when she gets kicked in the face. While watching the kids fight, Hop Pop, overcome with guilt, reveals that he was the culprit despite his claims that he disliked it, though the family is more impressed than angry.
In an effort to redeem himself, Hop Pop jumps onto the bed of Zapapedes with Anne's phone and starts getting electrocuted. Anne, Sprig and Polly lower themselves down to rescue Hop Pop, but all four get electrocuted and are launched far from the sight and land in the middle of the forest. Hop Pop notices that the phone is now charged at 10,000% and apologizes to Anne for watching the entire season without them. Anne forgives him as he risked his life just to get the phone charged. Hop Pop happily allows the kids to finish watching the season as he feels the need to tell someone about it while almost spoiling the ending of the season for them.
- Brenda Song as Anne Boonchuy
- Justin Felbinger as Sprig Plantar
- Amanda Leighton as Polly Plantar
- Bill Farmer as Hop Pop Plantar
- Matthew Mercer as Randy & Chad
- Eden Riegel as Peruvia
- This is the first episode where Anne starts calling Hop Pop "H.P." for short as he tells her not to call him that, but accepts it in later episodes.
- This is also the first episode where Sprig is shown playing his fiddle.
- Suspicion Island is a clear parody of shows such as Lost, Survivor and shows commonly found on the CW.
- Taking Charge - The title is a play on such words, since "Taking Charge" can mean to take charge and lead a situation, while also suggesting the action of charging a phone.
- In the Southeast Asian boardcast, the words "stupid sleep!" and "old" were cut during the Southeast Asia broadcast.