Tarzan & Jane is a Disney direct-to-video film released on July 23, 2002, sequel to the 1999 animated feature film, Tarzan, and uses three unaired episodes of the film's corresponding television series, The Legend of Tarzan. Tarzan II, a midquel to the original film, was released in 2005. The film is set one year after the events of the first film.
The episodes used in the film are "Tarzan and the British Invasion", "Tarzan and the Volcanic Diamond Mine", and "Tarzan and the Flying Ace", the last three episodes of the show's second and final season, to be aired (but taking place much earlier in production order). An adventure game on the DVD is also based on the series. It resembles a multiple choice story, featuring many different characters from the TV series. Another gamebook example consists of the Give Yourself Goosebumps series.
The film makes use of a frame tale to present three self-contained "episodes" via flashback. Jane and Tarzan's first anniversary has arrived, and Jane is trying to find a suitable present for her husband, with the help of the elephant Tantor, and the gorilla Terk. When a party is suggested, the trio remembers the disaster that occurred when three of Jane's friends arrive for a visit. As Jane considers a gift of jewelry, she is reminded of Tarzan's exploit with a pair of conniving diamond prospectors who take advantage of him and also trigger a volcanic reaction. Jane then decides on a night of dancing but changes her mind when she remembers how Bobby, one of her childhood friends, came to visit, only to be found out to be a treacherous spy to the Germans during World War I. Downhearted, Jane goes home without a present, only to find that Tarzan, wearing his father's suit, has thrown her a surprise party, he has also gotten her some jewelry and has a dance with her at the end.
- Michael T. Weiss as Tarzan
- Olivia d'Abo as Jane Porter
- April Winchell as Terk
- Jim Cummings as Tantor and Merkus
- John O'Hurley as Johannes Niels
- Jeff Bennett as Professor Archimedes Q. Porter and Robert Canler
- Alexis Denisof as Nigel Taylor
- Grey DeLisle as Greenly
- Nicollette Sheridan as Eleanor
- Tara Strong as Hazel
- René Auberjonois as Renard Dumont
- Frank Welker as Nuru and Sheeta
- This movie shares a few similarities to the previous Disney animated sequel, Hercules: Zero to Hero. They both take place after the events of their original films and use three episodes from their television series, The Legend of Tarzan and Hercules: The Series to serve as both flashbacks and the main plot for the film. Both films also serve as the series finale to their television shows, similar to Aladdin and the King of Thieves.