Terry Rossio is an American screenwriter, producer, and storyboard artist.
Rossio was born in Kalamazoo, Michigan. After graduating from Saddleback High School in Santa Ana, California, he went on to study at California State University, Fullerton where he received his Bachelor of Arts in Communications, with an emphasis in radio, television and film. He is the founder of Wordplay a.k.a. Wordplayer.com, one of the premier screenwriting sites on the Internet.
Along with his writing partner Ted Elliott, Rossio has written some of the most successful American films of the past 15 years, including Aladdin, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, and Shrek. He is the second most successful screenwriter of all time in terms of domestic box office receipts with totals at around $2.5 billion.
Disney Filmography (partial listing)
- 1992 - Aladdin (screenwriter)
- 2002 - Treasure Planet (story by)
- 2003 - Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (screenwriter)
- 2004 - National Treasure (screenwriter) (uncredited)
- 2006 - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (screenwriter)
- 2007 - Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (screenwriter)
- 2007 - National Treasure: Book of Secrets (story)
- 2009 - G-Force (associate producer/writer uncredited)
- 2011 - Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (screenwriter/executive producer)
- 2013 - The Lone Ranger (screenwriter/executive producer)
- 2014 - Jake and the Never Land Pirates (writer: segment "Captain Frost")
- 2017 - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (writer)