- Tex: "Oh-ee! That was one close finish. You sure made Dinoco proud. Thank you, King."
The King: "Well, Tex, you've been good to me all these years. It's the least I could do."
- —The King and Tex
Tex (a.k.a. Tex Dinoco) is a character in Cars.
"Tex has been Dinoco's team owner and talent scout for over 20 years. Sure, he's a smooth-talker from the Lone Star State, but he's also a genuine guy with a big heart. He knows it takes more than flash and big talk to win - it takes loyalty, smarts, and a lot of hard work. And Tex ought to know. He started Dinoco with just one tiny oil well, and now he runs the largest oil empire in the world."
In Cars, Tex is first seen driving alongside The King and his wife, near the Dinoco tent.
- Tex is a 1975 Cadillac Coupe De Ville.
- Tex's license plate reads "DINOCO". The same applies for Dex, his Cars Toons doppelganger.
- Tex has a similar car body to Mel Dorado, a TV show host in Cars 2.
- Tex's name is a reference to his home (Texas) and strong Texan dialect. It could also be a reference to THX's mascot of the same name (who Pixar also created).
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Cars Finder" (supplementary material on Blu-ray Disc release of Cars). 2007. Blu-ray Disc. Walt Disney Home Entertainment, 2007.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Pixar Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of the Pixar Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA license.|