Lilo and Stitch visit a planetarium and overhear Cobra's warning of an asteroid that will cause doomsday. With no one believing them or bothering to seek shelter, Stitch formulates a plan to go into outer space and destroy it to save the planet. However, when they discover that the asteroid itself is home to an alien, Lilo and Stitch must decide which home they must sacrifice for the sake of the other. In the end, the group uses Jumba's ship's hyperdrive to safely push the asteroid away from Earth without destroying it, but leaving Jumba and Pleakley permanently stranded on Earth. Meanwhile, Lilo and Stitch become honorary agents.
- Despite Stitch stating that only six of his cousins agreed to evacuate Earth, along with Lilo, Jumba, and Pleakley, there were actually seven experiments mentioned/involved right before and during the travel.
- Pleakley referred to Hammerface as "Hammerhead" when he was seen pounding Kixx.
- Moral: Home is where your heart is.
- This episode is based on and includes references to the 1997 NBC film, Asteroid.
- Despite being the first appearance of Hammerface and Digger (although the latter technically debuted at the end of Stitch! The Movie), this is one of two episodes that doesn't show new experiments, the other being "Bad Stitch".
- Jumba initially disliked chewing food, as he revealed that on his home planet, nutrients are absorbed through the skin (similar to how a hospitalized patient is fed through an IV tube).
- We also learn that Jumba had been banished from his home planet for evil genius research.
- Despite there being no oxygen in space, Stitch and the other experiments did not wear spacesuits to help them breathe, due to the fact that they are genetic aliens and can survive in the vacuum of space.
- In contrast to Jumba and Pleakley, the two needed spacesuits to breathe in the vacuum of space, despite being aliens themselves.
- Ironically, in the Stitch! anime, Jumba and Pleakley can be seen in space without spacesuits on.
- This episode was confirmed by Jess Winfield to chronologically take place after "Dupe", considering the fact that Hammerface is present on Jumba's ship. Jess also said that this episode was conceived outside of the timeline of episode production.