|| "Even miracles take a little time."
This article features media from Disney or its subsidiaries that has yet to be released.
To prevent speculation, please add reliable sources to the unreleased media. Any information that is not backed up by citations may be removed.
Benson is the name of a ventriloquist dummy army commanded by the 1950s doll Gabby Gabby. They are subservient to her and follow her orders immediately.
- “The dummies are, by far, some of the creepiest characters we’ve ever created. Our animators really leaned into the truth in materials for how our ventriloquist dummies move. Dummies’ bodies are soft with no structure, so our dummies’ arms just dangle and their legs bend backwards. Throw in their fixed expressions with their wide eyes and big hinged jaws and they’re nightmare material—in the best way possible.”
- ―Producer Mark Nielsen on Benson's creation
- It's possible that the reason for which the Bensons can't talk is because they are ventriloquist dummies and thus can only talk if a ventriloquist uses them to speak "through" them, aside that there are other toys in the Toy Story universe which can't talk despite not being ventriloquist dummies.
- The idea of a ventriloquist dummy character was inspired by the original concept of Woody, who was originally designed to be a dummy.
- They give a striking resemblance to Slappy from the Goosebumps books and related adaptations.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.