The Big Bad Wolf is a Silly Symphony that was released on April 13, 1934. It is a sequel to The Three Little Pigs, that retells the story of Little Red Riding Hood with the addition of the pigs to the story.
- Little Red Riding Hood (voiced by Sara Berner)
- Fifer Pig (voiced by Dorothy Compton)
- Fiddler Pig (voiced by Mary Moder)
- Practical Pig (voiced by Pinto Colvig)
- Big Bad Wolf (voiced by Billy Bletcher)
- Grandma (voiced by Sara Berner)
The story begins with Red Riding Hood stopping by the Three Pigs’ house on her way to her grandmother’s house. Fifer and Fiddler are playing around while Practical is building an extension to the house to better accommodate his brothers (as it was originally meant for him alone). Refusing the advice of Practical Pig ("There's danger in them woods. Beware. The Big Bad Wolf is lurking there. Better to be safe than sorry. Short cuts are not always good. Take the long road 'round the forest while the Wolf is in the wood."), the three of them take the short cut through the woods to Grandma's house. They end up encountering Goldilocks the Fairy Queen, who is soon revealed, thanks to a branch breaking, to be the Big Bad Wolf in disguise. Fiddler and Fifer run home, whilst Little Red Riding Hood escapes from the Wolf. The Big Bad Wolf, however, isn't giving up on getting dinner, and goes to Grandma's house, where he chases Grandma into the closet and gets in bed disguised as her. Little Red Riding Hood arrives and after the expected "what big eyes/nose/mouth you've got" spiel is terrified to see the Big Bad Wolf is posing as her grandmother. Fortunately, Fiddler and Fifer have managed to get Practical Pig and thus managed to beat the Wolf once more. As the cartoon ends, a reprise of "Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf" comes in.
- The Mickey Mouse Club, October 25, 1956
- The New Mickey Mouse Club, episodes C-010 (January 28, 1977) and D-075 (April 28, 1978)
- Good Morning, Mickey, episode #75
- Donald's Quack Attack, episode #86
- Sing Me a Story with Belle: "Taking the Easy Way Out"
- The Ink and Paint Club, episode #1.19: "The Big Bad Wolves"
- The Ink and Paint Club, episode #1.49: "More Storybook Silly Symphonies"
- Treasures from the Disney Vault, October 28, 2015
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: Disney's Tall Tales
- Disney Favorite Stories: Three Little Pigs
- Donald and Company
- Walt Disney Treasures: Silly Symphonies
- Walt Disney Animation Collection: Classic Short Films - Three Little Pigs
- Disney+, November 12, 2019