The Big Fib is an American game show hosted by Yvette Nicole Brown and featuring Rhys Darby as her robot sidekick C.L.I.V.E. (short for Computerized Library of Information and Virtual Expert). Based on the podcast Pants on Fire, the series premiered on Disney+ on May 22, 2020.
In early November 2019, it was revealed that Disney+ had ordered a game show consisting of 30 episodes based on popular Gen-Z podcast Pants on Fire from Haymaker TV with Yvette Nicole Brown as host. The 15-episode first part of the first season was released May 22, 2020 on Disney+ with part two premiering on October 23, 2020.
Common Sense Media rated the show 4 out of 5 stars, stating parents needed to know that The Big Fib is a game show in which kid contestants attempt to identify the dishonest party between two adults who answer questions on the same topic. Each episode puts a kid on the spot to ask questions related to the field in which both panelists claim to be experts and then choose which of the two is lying. As such, being a convincing actor is a beneficial skill for the posing party to have, and if he is very good, the young player will lose the game by naming the wrong liar. This fun and funny show has broad appeal and entertains families, and the facts that are shared by the actual expert teach the audience a thing or two. That said, parents also use the show to talk with kids about honesty and the consequences of telling fibs in the real world.
- "Disney+ Orders Kids Game Show 'The Big Fib' Hosted By Yvette Nicole Brown Based On 'Pants On Fire' Podcast". Deadline (November 6, 2019).
- "Next on Disney+: May 2020 | DTCI Media". Retrieved on April 19, 2020.
- "It's Fall on Disney+: A New Season of Original Movies, Series and Blockbuster Movies Coming to Disney+" (September 16, 2020).
- "BIG FIB, THE (DISNEY PLUS)" (September 19, 2020).
- "The Big Fib - TV Review" (en). www.commonsensemedia.org (2020-05-25).
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at The Big Fib. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|