Mickey dreams of being a knight, but when he is chosen to be Sir Mortimer's squire, he discovers his new boss's heroic reputation is a fairytale.
The episode takes place at medieval times, in a not so peacefully kingdom. There, the humble peasant Mickey dreams at becoming a legendary knight.
The local hero is Mortimer Mouse, who is supposedly a great knight who’s will is to protect the kingdom from menaces of every kind.
One day, Mortimer appears at a square in the town and proclaims that he’s looking for a new squire, once his previous one (most likely to be Donald) were incinerated by a dragon. Mickey offers himself gladly to take the job and Mortimer accepts, thinking that Mickey is a fool.
Then, the duo goes patrolling the region and they suddenly get face to face with a monstrous gigantic troll who’s destroying everything and terrorizing people. Mickey fights the creature and defeats it, while Mortimer stays hidden, cowardly. At the end, the despicable knight gets all the credits for him.
Some time after, the kingdom is taken by a wave of criminality and robberies. Again, Mickey does all the work while Mortimer hides. At the ending, Mortimer gets all the credits again.
The next day, a mighty and furious dragon attacks the princess’ castle while she and Mortimer were having a tea together. Fearful, the swindler runs away while Mickey stops the monster. Mickey was praised and cheer by the townspeople and Minnie kissed him. Mortimer is finally unmasked by the townsfolk as the fraud and coward he truely is when he accidently admits. He is strip of his knighthood with everything he collected, including his heroism, then punished by the townspeople for his lies and Mickey becomes the new local hero of the land and guardian of his village fulfilling his dream.
Cast and Characters
- Chris Diamantopoulos as Mickey Mouse, Strong Man 1
- Jeff Bennett as Mortimer Mouse, Strong Man 2
- Bill Farmer as additional voices
- Joanna Lumley as Narrator
- Kaitlyn Robrock as Minnie Mouse
- Rhino Guards (cameo)
- Donald Duck (cameo)
- Maleficent's Goons (cameo)
- Lady Kluck (cameo)
- Madam Mim (cameo)
- Old Lady (cameo)
- Alan-A-Dale (cameo)
- Mother Rabbit (cameo)
- Skippy (cameo)
- Friar Tuck (cameo)
- Otto (cameo)
- Sir Hiss (cameo)
- Trigger (cameo)
- The episode takes inspiration from the Mickey Mouse cartoon, Brave Little Tailor.
- The beginning and end of the episode with the book is very similar to Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and Sleeping Beauty.
- The curse that Madam Mim casted on Mickey gave him the same donkey ears and tail that Pinocchio grew on his time on Pleasure Island.
- "Amazing Images From The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse [EXCLUSIVE]". Screen Rant. Retrieved on November 18, 2020.
- "Next On Disney+: December 2020". Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Media Center. Retrieved on November 19, 2020.