"The Bride Wore Stripes" is the eighty-ninth episode of DuckTales.
Scrooge and the nephews are shopping for gifts for Mrs. Beakley's upcoming birthday. Scrooge is asked why he does not have a girlfriend, and claims he is not the marrying kind as he is unsure he can find a woman who loves him for himself and not his money. Also, making the wrong choice and getting divorced would mean she is still entitled to half his money. This is overheard by Ma Beagle, who cooks up a scam to force Scrooge into marriage so she can be entitled to legally take his money upon death, or at least get 1/2 in another event.
- June Foray as Ma Beagle, Baker
- Joan Gerber as Mrs. Beakley, Florist
- Chuck McCann as Burger Beagle, Duckworth, Bailiff
- Hal Smith as Police Officer, Judge
- Russi Taylor as Huey, Dewey, and Louie, Lawyer
- Frank Welker as Bigtime Beagle, Baggy Beagle
- Alan Young as Scrooge McDuck
- Toon Disney's reruns of this episode cut out Ma Beagle shooting at the ceiling when Burger initially refuses to recite poetry.
- One of the few season 2 episodes of Ducktales were neither Bubba the Cave Duck nor Fenton Crackshell appear.