Phlegm is at work trying to make his human infant giggle. While he succeeds, he has a cold and sneezes on the wall, creating a hole with his acid mucus. He informs his assistant María and they call in MIFT for a "418", a.k.a. a damaged room. Down in MIFT, Val brings up memories from their time at Monsters University that Tylor apparently does not recall and they are immediately brought up to check on the room. As they call in Cutter, they realize that they need to take the baby out. Feeling that Sulley will go soft on another human child like with Boo, Mike decides to take care of the infant for the time being.
While fixing the wall, Val continues to pester Tylor over their brief time together at MU as Cutter tries to help them and Duncan "oversees" their work. Cutter leaves to get lunch and Tylor kicks a soccer ball out of the room that bounces back and shuts off the door; trapping the three inside. They manage to evade the infant's parents and finish fixing the wall. Tylor finally gets fed up with Val reminding him over MU memories and asks why it is so important for her. Val admits that she felt invisible upon arriving at MU, but that Tylor was the first person to speak to her and it made her feel special. Cutter arrives and turns the door back on.
Meanwhile, Mike has taken to calling the infant Snore due to her adorable baby snoring, which Sulley is quick to poke fun at as he himself had the same experience with Boo. He tells him that he got tickets to a baseball game that day and Mike argues that he can go with him while taking care of Snore. As they try to enjoy the game, Mike does everything he can to keep Snore asleep, even though he feeds her a rotdog and has to change her diaper afterwards. Mike gets into an argument with a rival fan and while he is distracted, a ball from the game knocks him out; leaving Mike looking victorious and having acquired a game ball.
Mike and Sulley bring Snore back to the room just as MIFT finishes up their job. Upon entering to put her back, she begins to whimper and cry forcing Mike to sing a lullaby to her and puts her back in her crib. Mike admits that he is going to miss Snore as Celia compliments him on his care of children. As Tylor and Val return to MIFT, the former finally admits that he remembers asking Val for a seat and that she gave him a positive response followed by a share of her candy. Val offers Tylor more by claiming that there is some under Roto's cage, but Tylor tries to inform her that that is not candy.
Mike's Comedy Class
Mike introduces to the class a new comedy invention called the "hoopie" cushion. He inflates it and waits for it to do something. When it fails to do anything, he tries to read the manual, but sits on it; ironically setting it off. One of the students thinks he has killed it.
- Billy Crystal as Mike Wazowski
- John Goodman as James P. Sullivan
- Ben Feldman as Tylor Tuskmon
- Mindy Kaling as Val Little
- Henry Winkler as Fritz
- Lucas Neff as Duncan P. Anderson, Father
- Alanna Ubach as Cutter, Maria, Mother
- Bob Uecker as Bob Yucker
- Jennifer Tilly as Celia Mae
- Stephen Stanton as Needleman and Smitty, George Sanderson
- Bob Peterson as Roze, Bob Peterson
- Christopher Swindle as Phlegm
- Dave Wittenberg as Fan Monster
- Michaela Dietz as Snore
- Instead of the typical theme playing during the credits, a baseball organ rendition is performed.
- There are many references to Monsters, Inc. in this episode, which include:
- Phlegm slipping on a skateboard and landing on jacks and getting hit by a soccer ball.
- Mike reminding Sulley of when he said, "Ooklay in the agbay" when referring to Boo.
- Sulley naming Boo, but in this episode, Mike names a child Snore.
- Mike and Sulley using a makeshift disguise for Snore, like what they did for Boo.
- Mike pretending that he is rehearsing a play.
- Mike's face is covered up by something as he poses next to his favorite baseball player TJ Clawson, as he, once again, is too proud to notice.
- Tylor is reading a magazine called Better Jokester, a parody of Better Homes and Gardens, with an ad on the back for G'Oreal, a parody of L'Oreal.
- Snore's room has a plush Angel from Lilo & Stitch: The Series and a ring stacker with Mickey Mouse's head on top.
- Based on the way Celia reacts to Mike saying he is "immune to kids' cuteness", it is implied that she might have longing for a child herself (she sighs before uttering "Googley Bear" as her snakes comfort her). At the end of the episode she praises Mike for being able to care for children.
- The Red Shocks team are a parody of the Red Sox team.
- One of their members is a literal "Green Monster", referring to an infamous section of Fenway Park in Boston known as the highest wall in Major League Baseball.
- The Oozma Kappa initial can found on Phlegm's skateboard.
- This is the third Disney property to have a special guest cameo by legendary baseball announcer Bob Uecker. He previously appeared as one of sports announicng dogs in 1996's Homeward Bound II: Lost in San Fransisco as well as the Puppy Dog Pals episode "Take Me Out to the Pug Game."