Centuries ago, a single drop of moonlight fell from the heavens and transformed into an opal, carrying the power to destroy and kill all who tried to claim its power. To prevent this from happening a kingdom was created and the rulers all took an oath to keep the Moonstone's power from destroying the rest of the world. The legacy of the Dark Kings protecting the Moonstone continued on for generation after generation with each new ruler taking on the duty of their ancestors and to honour the past rulers, a statue was built for each who fulfilled their duty.
Centuries later, the Kingdom was ruled by King Edmund and his wife who gave birth to a baby boy. However, the Black Rocks, creations of the Moonstone, began to ravage the Kingdom, transforming it into a wasteland since they continued to grow and spread all throughout and even began to grow inside the castle. King Edmund couldn't afford that situation anymore and tried to destroy the opal. However, his attempts failed which caused a catastrophic event that nearly cost him his life and the destruction of the Dark Kingdom. King Edmund fortunately survived, but the events cost him the loss of his left arm and the death of his wife in the process. In the aftermath of the devastation, King Edmund ordered the entire kingdom to evacuate and never return, including sending away his infant son, Eugene with a servant woman to keep everyone safe. He then advised his most trusted and skilled warriors, known as the Brotherhood, consisting of Quirin, Adira and Hector to leave the castle and keep anyone from finding it. Since then, King Edmund would remain behind to keep his oath of protecting the world from the Moonstone.
Twenty-five years later, King Edmund met Rapunzel and her friends who came to the Dark Kingdom to fulfill Rapunzel's destiny to grab the Moonstone to restore balance to the world. King Edmund was determined to stop them, but upon doing so, discovered among Rapunzel's company was Eugene, his long-lost son. King Edmund was delighted and believed the return of his son was sign that he would finally destroy the Moonstone, freeing their family from their destiny of protecting the powerful opal.
Places of interest
- The Throne Room: Located outside the Vault, it features the emblem of the Dark Kingdom ingraved on the floor and statues of all the previous Dark Kings.
- The Vault: Located deep underground, the vault is a sacred place within the castle that contains the Moonstone, featuring a long bridge from the entrance leading to the cage containing the opal.
- The Dining Room: Located inside the castle, it includes a long dining room table with nine chairs and a fireplace with a portrait of King Edmund and his wife hanging above.
- The Cable Car Station: The only pathway to access to the kingdom from outside over the valley of black rocks.
- The Sewer: The alternative path to the moonstone vault covered with lava.
- The comet shaped emblem of the Dark Kingdom is also featured as the mark on the hands of Quirin and Adira.
- The ancient scroll illustrates the Kingdom's castle along with the sun drop flower.
- The kingdom is protected by a group of warriors known as the "Brotherhood". Quirin, Adira and Hector are the only known members to be revealed.