- “I feel like this forest has really changed us all!”
Far north from the kingdom of Arendelle, the forest is a magical environment ruled by elemental spirits of earth, water, wind, snow, and fire. The conflict between the people of Arendelle and the Northuldra resulted in a curse being placed upon the forest. All within at the time were trapped within a mist, which lasted for thirty-four years. The curse was lifted when Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Sven and Olaf traveled there and destroyed the curse's cause - a dam built by Arendellian King Runeard, designed to drain the Northuldra people's magic. In the process, they found out that the spirits of the forest bestowed Elsa her powers to reciprocate Iduna's kindness to Agnarr, knowing that she will be the one to undo her predecessors' errors.
Elsa abdicated the throne of Arendelle to remain in the Enchanted Forest as the Snow Spirit, ceding rule to Anna, but made regular visits to Arendelle.
Places of Interest
- Entrance: The entrance to the Enchanted Forest is identified by four stone formations representing the elemental spirits.
- Northuldran Encampment: The home of the Northuldran tribesmen.
- The Dark Sea: A massive expanse of water that is guarded by the Nokk. The Dark Sea is notoriously treacherous, making it nearly impossible to cross. Ahtohallan can be accessed by crossing these waters.
- Arendellian Dam: A dam that had been commissioned during the reign of King Runeard. Though presented as a means to strengthen the forest’s resources, the dam was actually harmful to the environment. It no longer stands, having been destroyed by the Earth Giants.
- The forest's flora is heavily full of vegetation when the film's production team made sure the vegetation's colors are accurate during their trip to Norway while consulting a botanist.