After watching a romantic movie, Minnie decides to hire an instructor to teach Mickey how to be a fancy gentleman, but the results are not all that she hoped for as Mickey to be too fancy and gentleman like.
Minnie is watching a romantic movie on TV when a disheveled Mickey rummages through her refrigerator. Looking back at her movie, Minnie has an idea. Arriving at his house, she announces that she is enrolling him in etiquette lessons, leaving him under the charge of Wadsworth Thorndyke III. Wadsworth immediately leaves an impression on Mickey, first slamming the door on Donald and Goofy when the duo attempt to take Mickey fishing and then inducing rigorous training on Mickey.
Later, Wadsworth presents the transformed Mickey, now "Michel Francois Mouse," to Minnie. At first, she is delighted that Mickey has become a proper gentleman. However, when she presents him with dinner in the form of baloney sandwiches, he cruelly deems her as below him and breaks up with her. Horrified at what she has done, she enlists Donald and Goofy to restore Mickey to normal. Donald and Goofy abduct Mickey/Michel from a club and, armed with a box of tools Minnie has acquired, engage in an arduous struggle to restore Mickey to normal. When the door opens, Mickey is back in his normal clothes and greets Minnie in his normal but fun like fasion, much Minnie's delight and happiness. Now back to his sweet old self again, Minnie embraces and kisses Mickey repeated then apologizes for making him too manner-able, and would rather have go to happy and caring Mickey then snobby Michel as the four friends laugh together while snorting between giggles.
- Mickey Mouse
- Michel Francois Mouse (debut)
- Minnie Mouse
- Donald Duck
- Wadsworth Thorndyke III
- Lady Rochester
- Chris Diamantopoulos - Mickey Mouse
- Russi Taylor - Minnie Mouse
- Tony Anselmo - Donald Duck
- Bill Farmer - Goofy
- John O'Hurley - Rex
- Illya Owens - Lady Rochester
- Dave Wasson
- John Waters
- In this episode, Mickey addresses Minnie as "Minifred", which contradicts Minnie's real name being Minerva. Based on Mickey's and Wadsworth's mannerisms, however, they may not have been using the real names. However, this could be a play on the name Winifred, as in Winifred Banks from Mary Poppins.
- The classy music from "Stayin' Cool" was reused when Mickey/Michel goes to a gentleman's club.