Goofy's rise to stardom is featured here, starting with a look at Hollywood, where talent scouts seek out the next superstar. They find Goofy in a movie theater watching a Mickey Mouse cartoon and laughing at it, and he is "discovered". And so begins the career of an actor with a unique laugh.
Soon, Goofy becomes one of the most popular stars in Hollywood, but his optimism turns to depression during an award show in which he doesn't receive a single award. Goofy contemplates walking down into the sea to end his misery, but he receives a telegram from the studio saying that he's being offered a double role in a new film about driver safety. At the end, Goofy receives a safety award for his film.
Featured cartoons (in order)
- Pinto Colvig as Goofy
- John McLeish as the Narrator
- Hans Conried as J.B. the studio mogul
- Dick Wesson as the award show host
- June Foray as Mother Nature
- This episode was released theatrically overseas in 1959.
- A rerun of this episode accompanied the prime-time premiere of the Goof Troop 2-part series premiere "Forever Goof".
- This episode was featured as a bonus on the 2000 Gold Classic Collection DVD release of A Goofy Movie.
- Pluto has a Cameo winning the last award (we see his shadow only)